Author Topic: Force Playlist Export when Export Rules Change  (Read 4246 times)

Victorious

I discovered by chance today, that if a playlist has been marked to be exported automatically, this doesn't happen every time MB is exited. It only seems to happen when the content of the playlist has been changed. However, I had altered the rule for mapping the file path, which meant I needed the playlist to re-export. Obviously there is the option to do it manually, but would it be useful / possible to line up the auto-exported playlists to be automatically exported if the export rules change, even if the playlist contents themselves are still the same?

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
looking at the code and trying now, its already re-exporting the static copy of the playlist (i assume you are using an auto-playlist) when saving the playlist definition (whether amended or not)

Victorious

Thanks for your reply Steven. Actually it was a static playlist, the only thing which had changed was the file path mapping rule. I checked an unchanged auto-playlist and that re-exported correctly.

Do you think it would be worth (or viable) somehow forcing a re-export of static playlists, if the rules have been amended? Or is it more a case of remembering and doing it manually? I'm guessing that changing the file path rule isn't something which people do very often.

redwing

If you change "relative path" rule, it doesn't update any kinds of existing exported playlists unless you re-save each of them. If there's "Update current exported playlists" command next to those settings in Preferences, it would be really handy as clicking on the button will update all existing exported playlists according to the up-to-date rules without having to re-save each of them (figuring out what playlists are auto-exported is not easy as well).

@Victorious:
If you post such wishlist item, I'll support it.
Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:00:52 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
Actually it was a static playlist, the only thing which had changed was the file path mapping rule.
if by that you mean changing the filename/path of files in the static playlist then that should already work (i tested that yesterday as well).
Otherwise can you explain more what you mean by the above?

Victorious

if by that you mean changing the filename/path of files in the static playlist then that should already work (i tested that yesterday as well).
Otherwise can you explain more what you mean by the above?

Sorry if I wasn't being clear :-[ The actual location and paths of files hadn't changed, but I had to amend the 'map base file paths in exported playlists' in Preferences | Library | playlists, to make a change to the 'to:' string.

Victorious

If you change "relative path" rule, it doesn't update any kinds of existing exported playlists unless you re-save each of them. If there's "Update current exported playlists" command next to those settings in Preferences, it would be really handy as clicking on the button will update all existing exported playlists according to the up-to-date rules without having to re-save each of them (figuring out what playlists are auto-exported is not easy as well).

@Victorious:
If you post such wishlist item, I'll support it.

Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea. I'll look into adding it to the wish list  :)