Author Topic: Improved Visualiser Support  (Read 10420 times)

redwing

Well, now the keys are not working even if I click on MB, not to mention clicking on milkdrop. Could you revert back to the previous one, which at least worked upon clicking on MB?

Another one is, not sure if only I am experiencing this, when switching to desktop mode after activating milkdrop, MB shows up in main player mode as if visualizer was closed down. Then I use a hotkey to switch to either mini or compact mode, then it gets placed over milkdrop. But according to your descriptions, it should be minimized when switching to desktop mode, right? But I never saw that even with this version.
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 11:07:25 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
unless you can explain step by step what you are doing, and which keys you are pressing, and what action that key is expected to have i wont be able to do any more. Its all working fine for me.

redwing

There's no problem with visualizer within MB mode and full-screen mode. All keys are working fine. Only desktop mode is not working correctly.

- Open visualizer. Press alt-D or right click and select desktop mode.
- Then MB in main player mode shows up. Switch to mini or compact mode. Then it's placed over milkdrop.
- Now no keys are working for milkdrop. With the previous version, the keys were working if I click on MB.

redwing

To make sure, just tried with a fresh installation a 2.3 portable version and milkdrop plugin with a default settings file after applying the latest patch. Exactly same results. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

Steven

• Administrator
if you have set the mini-player and compact-player to "always on top" then i can reproduce incorrect behavior with keyboard handling which should be fixed for the next update

redwing

OK, that's the setting. Now I see what's going on.

As the way it worked before, I naturally expected MB will keep placed over milkdrop wherever I may click on because that's the point of having MB placed over milkdrop on desktop mode -- you're controlling both, navigating through songs and presets.

But if I try disabling "Always on top", nothing is exciting although all keys are working. It's just the same as switching to full-screen mode as there's no MB on the screen. So I hope with the setting enabled MB doesn't disappear from desktop wherever I click on.

Also I still don't get why MB shows up as main player mode when switching to desktop mode. It's the same regardless of the setting.

Steven

• Administrator
Also I still don't get why MB shows up as main player mode when switching to desktop mode. It's the same regardless of the setting.
its either that or close down the visualiser - perhaps it makes more sense to close down the visualiser
edit:
actually thats what i intended and there is a case its not being applied correctly
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:24:38 PM by Steven

redwing

this version now separates musicbee from the visualiser in desktop mode (MB is minimised but can be restored)

Then what did you mean by this?

redwing

OK, I thought only I am experiencing a bug.

That won't be a big deal. Users can easily switch to any player mode with hotkeys.

redwing

usraek

According to the information above, the hotkeys in Milkdrop should be supported, but they do not function at all for me. The 'info' button, and the 'F1' menu work, but the track skipping or anything else doesn't work.

As a work-around I've tried to implement global hotkeys for skipping tracks, but even those completely fail to function. I can't quite understand why.

Any ideas?

Steven

• Administrator
this should address the issue of not being able to use keys in other applications.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:39:31 PM by Steven