Author Topic: Improved Visualiser Support  (Read 10408 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I have updated the visualiser handling with the following changes:
- now plays back normally when using ASIO or WASAPI output
- better handling for Winamp visualisers. For this i have overridden the handling for Winamp desktop mode so hopefully it will no longer crash.
- also using the Alt D keys will run the desktop mode for WMP and BassBox visualisers

I will post a link later

redwing

It's working much better without crashing at all. Before this, some strict steps were required for operating it to avoid a sudden crash. But I have two wishes, both of which were possible before:
- Allow to place MB on desktop mode upon clicking on the icon from taskbar. Separating MB from milkdrop was possible before though that wasn't intended.
- Can't find the way to use milkdrop specific commands. Pleas allow to use some, if not all, frequently used commands, including preset selection list, display of the current preset name, and ability to run the previous or next preset or keep the current preset.

two small things:
- If Alt-D is assigned to this feature, maybe the key needs to be reserved?
- "Press F1 for help" message displays at the bottom when milkdrop starts.

Steven

• Administrator
this version now separates musicbee from the visualiser in desktop mode (MB is minimised but can be restored)
I havent tested it extensively so it is possible i have overlooked some combination of settings but i will test further.

I dont think i can do anything about the F1 message

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

redwing

Working great! Excellent job!

Now the only remaining wish is the ability to select and navigate with presets. As lots of them are not that good, this discerning, skipping, sticking ability is really necessary. If you can't restore its own command set, please offer some keys for such functionality.

Steven

• Administrator
this version now handles the keys used by the winamp visualiser:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

the only thing i needed to change which i didnt really want to do is now Escape will close FullScreen and Desktop modes, but wont close the visualiser entirely, That requires using the right click menu or the main menu

redwing

Thanks for the update! The keys are working well except preset selection list (hotkey: L). The list box loads fine, but arrow keys don't work.

I can see your point about escape key. That was the case before as well, especially when MB's separated on full-screen mode or desktop mode. Just like before, the hotkey for visualizer works best in any cases.

lnminente

A lot better, before it used to give a lot of "out of memory" errors. Working great now. Thanks Steven (y)

redwing

redwing

When MB is placed over milkdrop on desktop mode, clicking on the visualizer part does not take focus from MB. This makes impossible to use milkdrop specific keys on desktop mode. If I change to full screen mode and then return to desktop mode, then those keys start working. But then clicking on any place, whether on milkdrop or MB, again returns it to the previous state, MB's not returning focus.

Steven

• Administrator
i guess i am not understanding what you are saying or you are encountering a very weird bug. When desktop mode is enabled, clicking on the winamp visualiser on the desktop takes focus from musicbee as clicking on any window would. I have no problems using the milkdrop keys on the visualiser in any circumstance.
The only incorrect behavior (which i wont be able to resolve) is when MB is focused , desktop mode enabled and you press a milkdrop key in MB then MB executes the key and so does the milkdrop visualiser

redwing

On further tests, it's taking focus from MB and its keys are working if I click on MB, not on the milkdrop, which I kept on doing before. If I click on any part of milkdrop, no keys are working for milkdrop either on mini player mode or compact mode of MB. Is this expected?
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:32:30 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
i still dont really get what you are experiencing but i have made the following changes (not necessarily related to what you are saying):
- i have entirely disabled the Escape key from the musicbee side, so it no longer closes the desktop mode (this is so it doesnt close desktop mode when in a winamp dialog)
- you can no longer use the hotkey to open the visualiser from the compact or mini player
- when desktop mode is enabled and MB is focused, pressing a key only gets processed by MB so you dont end up with it being processed by MB and also by the visualiser
- otherwise i cant reproduce anything you are saying

edit:
ok, i can reproduce some incorrect behavior when toggling from desktop mode to full screen and back to normal size after that
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:32:15 PM by Steven