Author Topic: I just installed 2.3.5173 and have some feedback on the new mini-player  (Read 3164 times)

Will Pittenger

Pluses:

* Shows more info
* Can be docked

Minuses:

* The spectrum visualization pane is at best a gimmick in my mind.  Plus it's at times barely visible.
* Plenty of space that I would like to see the playlist and/or lyrics squeezed into.
* On Windows 7 64-bit, it isn't seen as part of MusicBee when docked.  So the stuff in the Windows 7 taskbar preview pane can't be accessed.  (Minor, but still.)
Will Pittenger

Will Pittenger

Minuses:
* The spectrum visualization pane is at best a gimmick in my mind.  Plus it's at times barely visible.
Looks like the color used for the visualizer is a more transparent version of the album cover's average color.  So if the average color is mostly light gray to white, it will be nearly invisible on a light gray background.
Will Pittenger

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might want to leave your feedback in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=2.40
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Anti

I think you're describing the compact player, rather than the mini player?

BTW, have you right-clicked on the left-panel and found the layout customisation?
Some of those settings may help you to achieve a configuration that you're happier with.

Will Pittenger

Nope.  There's a new larger mini-player option.  Right-click on your mini-player and select Customize Layout.  Then select "Modern Layout".
Will Pittenger