Author Topic: Artwork not loading  (Read 4085 times)

deluk

Absolute NuBee, downloaded yesterday and started to manually upload album artwork. Fine, but lots to do. Started over today. Artwork is found OK, but when I select and click OK it just pings back to the blank space. Yesterday it would take a second or two with the rotating ring and not allow me to carry on before the picture appeared. Apologies if this is basic but I can't find any answers. Artwork that was in my music files loaded up OK on the initial scan but I guess I'm stuck with finding the rest manually. That will keep me busy for a few weeks!  :(

deluk

Replying to myself here. Sorry. I've just changed my skin colour and the Artwork problem seems to have righted itself. I hope I don't have to do some sort of reset/refresh after every start up in the future.  :-\

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There are a number of ways to automatically update files without artwork and refresh files that have been updated.  Look around in the Tools menu for just a few of them.  You should not have to restart MusicBee to get anything to display.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

deluk

Thanks for the reply. I'm persevering. Can't see "preferences" in tools. Most of it seems pretty irrelevant. As in most software, most people will only ever use a small percentage of what's in it. When clicking to find artwork I've been using Go to Internet but when that finds nothing I've now tried Autotag and that invariably finds something via Musicbrain which I can copy/paste in. Looks as if Musicbrain would be a good choice to have in the Internet find list as I think it would give a much higher percentage of hits than most of those there as current default. I see that Discogs is also there too but can't be selected.
There certainly doesn't appear to be any way that I can let MB go out and search automatically in order to fill my gaps. Perhaps I'm asking too much as it would need an algorithm (?) to run through my list.
There are other annoyances, such as a new artwork suddenly replacing previously found art for the same artist. I gave up with Bjork and Dream Theatre!! I'd also prefer to find cover art only rather than picture of the artist or something completely random from Google. Deleting these or wrong art should be select/choose delete rather than going through a couple of pop-ups, the first one of which sometimes comes up in different format with no delete on it. Artwork is also very small when found so often not recognisable if you're not familiar with it. Lots of stuff I have is pretty obscure. It's been filling up my HD for over 10 years so perhaps not surprising.
Apologies for covering a lot of ground but being new to MB or any similar software, it's one step at a time for me. I'm also old................   :)

dgbx

Try Tools/Tagging Tools/Show Files With Missing Artwork.  Select a few of the resulting files as a test, right click, select Auto-Tag by Track/Update Missing Artwork.

A few files will give you the idea of how it works, then you can expand your selection.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I will make getting the Artwork page put together my next priority for the wiki.

Unfortunately, Discogs changed their API and GraceNote has stopped working because of the limited free license.  I forget why Cover Art Archive (MusicBrainz) was disabled, but it was as well.  All of these have been due to issues on the providers' end.  Google is also problematic for some people, but seems to be working for now.

I suggest selecting only fanart.tv, auto-updating everything, and then trying Google manually with the rest.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

deluk

Try Tools/Tagging Tools/Show Files With Missing Artwork.  Select a few of the resulting files as a test, right click, select Auto-Tag by Track/Update Missing Artwork.

If I do that it says it can't be found and do I want to search for it. I say yes and it brings up a panel for me to search my PC. That's no good at all. If I go the autotag route it brings up the MB panel, finds a list of the albums and when and where they were issued, (I won't have a clue as to which one is which of course unless I've ripped one of my CD's) adds the tags and usually finds the artwork. Great, but virtually every time I click apply tags, the panel disappears and no tags or art are added. Frankly useless. That may apply as much to me as the software IMO!

I'll probably give it all up. Up to now it's been easy just to go to my music folder, scroll to an artist/album I want to play and then right click it to select my music player. Perhaps if I say that my mobile phone just does phone calls and is seldom used it'll show that I'm easily pleased.  ::)