Author Topic: Play Now - Running total of time for songs played  (Read 5269 times)

DougKaufman

Looking for a plugin to show a running total of the time that will be used for the Play Now screen, or for the playlist - will help for planning for time constraints

For example

Song              Time       Accumulated Time

Song #1         3:00         3:00
Song #2         2:50         5.50
Song #3         1:10         7:00

Anti

I don't know if this helps you, but the TOTAL time (ie. the total duration of the now playing list) is displayed in two places:

1)
If you have the 'now playing' node loaded into the main panel, the total time, file size and number of files is displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the main panel.

2)
If you have the now playing list loaded into one of the side panels, then the total time is displayed on the right in the 'header bar', across from where it says 'now playing'.
Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:52:29 PM by Anti

Zak

• Global Moderator
Nothing like this exists that I know of, so it might be worth making a wishlist request if it's something you really need.

I've seen other programs that instead of having the cumulative duration of the queued songs have the actual time the songs are expected to play - handy for DJing purposes when you have to take a toilet break.
Bee excellent to each other...

Pingaware

I've seen other programs that instead of having the cumulative duration of the queued songs have the actual time the songs are expected to play - handy for DJing purposes when you have to take a toilet break.

Do you mean like what's shown when you click on the duration counter above the Now Playing List?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Zak

• Global Moderator

Do you mean like what's shown when you click on the duration counter above the Now Playing List?
Dunno. What's shown when you click on the duration counter above the Now Playing List?

Anti

It shows the total duration of the tracks in the NPL.
If you click it, it shows the remaining time.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Ah, thanks. But nope.

More in line with the OPs request, I mean where each track gets its own value that shows the actual time it will begin playing.
Assuming a playlist starting at 12:30pm, it might look like this:

Song              Time        ETA

Song #1         3:00         12:30
Song #2         2:50         12:33
Song #3         1:10         12:36
Song #4         5:00         12:37
Song #4         4:25         12:42

Often I'll queue up a certain number of songs and have to quickly add the times up myself to remember "Okay, these x songs will finish playing in y minutes so I need to queue some more before then...".

Pingaware

Ah, thanks. But nope.

More in line with the OPs request, I mean where each track gets its own value that shows the actual time it will begin playing.
Assuming a playlist starting at 12:30pm, it might look like this:

Song              Time        ETA

Song #1         3:00         12:30
Song #2         2:50         12:33
Song #3         1:10         12:36
Song #4         5:00         12:37
Song #4         4:25         12:42

Often I'll queue up a certain number of songs and have to quickly add the times up myself to remember "Okay, these x songs will finish playing in y minutes so I need to queue some more before then...".

Oh okay. That's actually quite a good suggestion. Wishlist request?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.