Author Topic: trying to get gapless playback and it's killing me!  (Read 4231 times)

Breezy

Hi

I have many files in my library done in various formats .. MP3, MP4, etc. I have many albums that require gapless playback like Quadrophenia, Dark side of the moon (really almost any Floyd), and on and on.

I had read that if I convert to LAME it can fix the non-gapless playback problem, therefore I converted my files to LAME so all my tracks are now LAME 3.97-3.99. While it seems the gaps are smaller they are still there. In looking at tagging properties I cannot find anything about gapless playback.

Do I need a custom tag for it and if so can I set my entire library that way and only have the true gapless songs playback that way or do I need to hunt/peck thru 16 gigs of music and adjust it by track? Is there a way to adjust it by album?

Am I screwed because I converted to LAME from files that started out as MP3 and 4? Why is this so damn complicated?

BTW these tracks are mostly being played back in my car and android phones.
Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:50:43 PM by Breezy

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
BTW these tracks are mostly being played back in my car and android phones.

Do they play back gaplessly in MusicBee?  If so, it is probably an issue with the phone's player.  Not all Android players support gapless playback.  If that is the problem, try GoneMad Music Player, which does: http://gonemadmusicplayer.blogspot.com/p/features.html
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Breezy

Okay, that seems to be the problem .. the player in my car. There's no changing that out. Drat!

Steven

• Administrator
if your car player can play flac or alac, then those formats wont have any gaps

simont

Just in case there's any new MB converts like me searching how to fix gaps in those mix style albums, I managed to fix my .flac tracks by selecting the 'remove silence from start and end of track' option in the Player section of Preferences.