Author Topic: Jump Bar HELP?  (Read 5941 times)

hawk4117

Just downloaded latest version of MusicBee...Luv it, but there's one agitating thing that I just can't figure out.  How do you change the JumpBar to capture the Artist's Name and not the genre?  When I hit a letter it scans the genre and I want the Artis's name. Thanks

dgbx

I don't use the jump bar anymore but I think it uses whatever column in the header that you have sorted on.  If your music is sorted on genre, then when you click the "F" you go to the first genre that starts with "F".  To have it jump to an Artist, make sure your music is sorted by Artist in the main pane.

hawk4117

ok so I know this is going to sound silly, but how do I change my sort?  Sorry but I'm new to this and I can't seem to now figure the sort out. lolol I'm so stumped and the fix is probably staring right at me! lolol

hawk4117

ok i figured it out...thanks for the tip....success! lol

dgbx

Just checked back.  Clicking on the column header for "Artist" sorts. Another click toggles whether sorting ascending or descending. Glad it's working for you now!

hawk4117

Thanks for checking back...btw...can this player sync with itunes playlist?  I use that all the time for my ipod...but I doubt this player can syn up playlist's from there right?  Thanks again

dgbx

I don't use iTunes so I can't answer this question.  Maybe some iTunes users will chime in.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks for checking back...btw...can this player sync with itunes playlist?  I use that all the time for my ipod...but I doubt this player can syn up playlist's from there right?  Thanks again

You might be interested in this plugin: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/IPod_%26_iPhone_Driver
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hawk4117

Thanks a lot guys!  I'l check it out! Boy I sure am gonna miss WINAMP! lololol

dgbx

I was a WinAmp user before discovering MusicBee.  No comparison, really.  MB is the best there is.

hawk4117

I've just been on it for a day and I already am starting to like it a lot!  So tell me if you don't mind, does MB download album art on any selected song? I haven't tinkered with the tagging yet...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've just been on it for a day and I already am starting to like it a lot!  So tell me if you don't mind, does MB download album art on any selected song? I haven't tinkered with the tagging yet...

Yes!  Depending on your settings in Tag Preferences, you can have MB download (and optionally save) artwork for the playing track automatically.  You can also update the artwork for any track by right clicking on the image and choosing "Search Internet for Picture"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dgbx

MusicBee's auto tagging features were what really sold me on the program.  Go to Edit/Preferences (or hit Ctrl-O), then go into Tags (1) and Tags (2) for options on auto tagging.

hawk4117

Sweet! Thanks so much for the tips guys....I'm just getting around to checking the skins out.  I'm at work right now but tonight I will go ape on it and tag away! lolol