Author Topic: about genre auto-tagging etc  (Read 5415 times)

inspired

i would be very usefull to be able to preview the changes that happen doing the "overwrite genre tag" using last.fm!! (you could review them and change them :D)

also i guess that the separator that's being used is the "//" ? i see in mp3tag they show like that and the multiple genres are written each one in its own genre tag...
the option for the tags to be written that way or in the same tag using a separator like ";" could be usefull too! (my most tracks are already  tagged like genre; other genre; and i would prefer some consistency!)

also, i guess tha tags are retrieved just by the track tags? an option that you could choose the track tags/artist tags, or combination, which should have more gravity if the first option does not return any results...

(sorry for my bad english :D)

zord_majka

i would be very usefull to be able to preview the changes that happen doing the "overwrite genre tag" using last.fm!! (you could review them and change them :D)

also, i guess tha tags are retrieved just by the track tags? an option that you could choose the track tags/artist tags, or combination, which should have more gravity if the first option does not return any results...

I second that

aidanw

+1 for ";" separator, or... even to choose the separator?

While we're talking about genre improvements, could the "genre" column show multiple genres on the same line?
(At the moment it only shows the first genre)

Steven

• Administrator
While we're talking about genre improvements, could the "genre" column show multiple genres on the same line?
(At the moment it only shows the first genre)
something i cant win with - i used to do that until people started complaining!

Elberet

Yeah, it would make the tables illegible in some cases.
Alternatively, when a file has more then one genre, you might want to add an icon to the genre column (a little grey bold + or something similar?) and show the additional genres in a popup or tooltip when hovering over the column.

Steven

• Administrator
Alternatively, when a file has more then one genre, you might want to add an icon to the genre column (a little grey bold + or something similar?) and show the additional genres in a popup or tooltip when hovering over the column.
thats a great idea and i have implemented that for the next update

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks to Elberet for a simple yet elegant solution.
And of course thanks to Steven for implementing it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
I got a chance to look at this via an update in the 'bugs' section. 
There's a (very) minor problem with its implementation - if the Genre tag is too long for the Genre column width, the '+' doesn't show.  Hovering over the Genre tag still brings up the multiple genres, but one can't tell that there -are- multiple genres.  And while I do have the layout preference set to automatically fit displayed columns to the width of the panel, I do have some fields that are wider than the column width.

Would it be possible to put the '+' at the beginning of the Genre field, or would that interfere with sorting and searching?

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
i've tweaked the handling for the + so it should work for your situation. It will be in the next update

phred

• Global Moderator
I've seen it and it's perfect.
Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki