Author Topic: Question about android sync  (Read 3519 times)

Hanjin

I've got a Galaxy S3 and it's loaded with music I've installed over the years using iTunes and another sync programin one location on my SD card. My question is, is it possible to sync that music with Musicbee without deleting it all off the phone? I have all of the same tracks in my library now and I can see it all via Musicbee when I connect the phone but I can't seem to get it to sync with any playlist. I'd hate to have to re-load all that music around 1500+ songs back to the phone in order to have them synced with Musicbee.

Thanks

Hanjin

redwing

I don't own the phone, but saw many reports that playlist syncing doesn't work well with the phone. If you know any apps syncing to the phone better than MB, you could export playlists from MB and use those apps for syncing.

mozartjune

I've tried to connect the phone with microSD card in it directly to the computer and it resulted in some errors and/or very slow syncing. So what I do whenever I want to sync music from my microSD card is I always take the card out from my phone (remember to unmount it), and use an adapter to connect it to the computer. That would always work well for me. My phone is Galaxy S4 with Cyanogenmod rom with 64GB sd card btw.

But I think Musicbee will try to delete all the songs and copy them again unless your music path when syncing is the same as you have now. Not 100% sure on that part though.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But I think Musicbee will try to delete all the songs and copy them again unless your music path when syncing is the same as you have now. Not 100% sure on that part though.

MusicBee will delete all tracks which it didn't sync or which have a more recent date modified than the ones on the phone/sd card.  Yes, probably all 1500 will need to be resynced.  Taking mozartjune's advice and syncing it as a USB card would speed things up considerably.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)