Author Topic: a few requests  (Read 6066 times)

Crosmanrond

I haven't been on the forums due to being busy with work recently...but I have been using MB a lot, so here are my current ideas/wishes/encountered bugs:
1. Lyrics window doesn't remember it's size fro session to session when popped out.
2. With radio feeds MB seems to buffer about 20 seconds ahead when I pause, but then skips to a fresh feed, I understand the limit on the buffer but I think it should probably behave like this: on pause-> continue buffer to 1 minute, then dump buffer, leaving connection open, after 5 minutes of being paused close the connection. on resume -> continue to buffer ahead, playing as time goes on, the user lags behind the station, but there is no skipping. on stop -> dump buffer, disconnect(I think that's how it already works).
3. Request for the future: an option in the lyrics window's right click menu to do synchronizations, basically it just presents a button in the lyrics area that adds time stamps to the lyrics on the current line, the moves to the next line, then when you're done it saves the lyrics to file and reloads them, this time as synchronized lyrics.

Thanks Steven, you rock! :D

Steven

• Administrator
1. Lyrics window doesn't remember it's size fro session to session when popped out.
which version are you using? that should have already been fixed

Crosmanrond

I'm using the, current, 1.2.3783(funny, I thought it was stamped ...82 when I updated last :P ), I double checked it and changes to the lyrics window are most definitely not "sticking"(I think it does position fine, it's just size).

Steven

• Administrator
its ok for me so can you email me your settings (help/support/view settings) and also let me know which skin you are using

Antonski

3. Request for the future: an option in the lyrics window's right click menu to do synchronizations, basically it just presents a button in the lyrics area that adds time stamps to the lyrics on the current line...

+1

Steven

• Administrator
I haven't been on the forums due to being busy with work recently...but I have been using MB a lot, so here are my current ideas/wishes/encountered bugs:
3. Request for the future: an option in the lyrics window's right click menu to do synchronizations, basically it just presents a button in the lyrics area that adds time stamps to the lyrics on the current line, the moves to the next line, then when you're done it saves the lyrics to file and reloads them, this time as synchronized lyrics.
this has been included in the next release on the forum. Just start playback, right-click to edit the lyrics, then press ctrl-T (or a hotkey you can assign) to insert a timestamp. Right click and save when finished.

Note that with the current synched lyrics parsing logic, every text line needs to have a timestamp to be considered synchronised lyrics. Otherwise it will save as unsynchronised lyrics.
I havent been able to find any authoriative specs for the lrc format so i'm not sure about this rule, but any synched lyrics i have seen always has every line stamped.

Crosmanrond

bug with the lyrics timestamping; when you get past the first page's-worth of lines the lyrics scroll back to the top after every timestamp(when adding the timestamps)

Steven

• Administrator
i've updated the link in the 1.2 beta topic with a fix