Author Topic: Can I create a playlist of audiobooks to sync separately from music?  (Read 4009 times)

Pandarus

Hi you wonderful people....

I need do be able to sync my audiobooks to a separate place on my phone as I use a separate player for audio books than music. Is there anyway to create a playlists specifically marked as containing audiobooks so that the sync engine will sync the playlist to the path associated with audiobooks?

The only way around this at the moment that I can see is to synchronise twice - Once with settings selecting my music playlist to the music directory, and then again after changing the settings for audiobooks (choose a different playlist, and a different destination path).

Thanks in advance!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Actually, all you need to do is put your audiobooks in the Audiobooks node of your library.  Then you can configure a specific location for them on your phone in the Device Settings dialog.  See these pages for help:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Syncing
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Layout_Preferences#Layout_.281.29
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pandarus

Thank you for your reply.

I don't think this will work. Because I don't want to sync all my audiobooks with my device. I only want to sync those I select. When I presume means using a playlist. And if I sync using a playlist, then MB assumes it's music and thus will sync into the same location as my music playlist.

Unless there's an option to mark the playlist as an audiobook playlist and sync to the audiobook area?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think this will work. Because I don't want to sync all my audiobooks with my device. I only want to sync those I select. When I presume means using a playlist. And if I sync using a playlist, then MB assumes it's music and thus will sync into the same location as my music playlist.

No, you can sync audio books in any playlist. MB will still know that they're audio books.  I've done it plenty of times. It's only the playlist itself that gets synced to a different folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)