Author Topic: Portable Musicbee not updated by latest patcher-solved  (Read 2883 times)

tubegrrl

I have musicbee running on my main drive (windows 8.1) and all is well, and the latest incremental updater worked fine on that.

But I also have a usb stick with musicbee portable on it with its own library on the stick. Works fine, but when I put the incremental updater in the musicbee folder on the stick and ran it, it did not update the portable version, I think it just went out to the main version on drive c again.

How do I patch/update the portable version on the stick?

Thanks!
Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:20:31 PM by tubegrrl

tubegrrl

OK, I watched the output progress info, and even though the patcher/updater is in the musicbee folder on the usb stick, it is still writing all the new files to the main install on drive C.

Is there some way I can run this from a CLI and give it some flag to a new path to make it update the portable install on the usb stick?
Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:20:44 PM by tubegrrl

tubegrrl

Ok, I searched the forum and found:

"Latest patches can be applied to both normal version and portable version:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_3/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Always the same address in the same filename. Unzip and overwrite everything to your MB installation folder."

When I downloaded that version and extracted and overwrote the portable install, it worked. Did not see this link in the "Latest Version" thread.

Hope this helps others.