Author Topic: MusicBee for complete beginners  (Read 4115 times)

Pandarus

Hi folks,

Sorry to have to post this, but I can't find a musicbee for beginners tutorial anywhere and despite being told it's great, am about to head to Windows Media player instead.

I have actually been searching this wiki for hours to know how to do the following easily, with no luck:

I have a music collection on my hard disk that is bigger than the available capacity for storage on my Android Galaxy S2.

After importing my entire library to MB, I wish to sync a subset of these tracks to my phone. I want to be able to tell what's on my phone, and what's not, in list format (maybe a column?) in MB. And I want what is on my phone to show up on the left panel "device music" option when I click on it.

Though I have been able to test sync successfully thus far, I cannot see how to tell what is on my device. And when I select the device's left panel music option, nothing is displayed.

Please help! Please explain like you were talking to a child!

Thanks heaps!

redwing

After importing my entire library to MB, I wish to sync a subset of these tracks to my phone. I want to be able to tell what's on my phone, and what's not, in list format (maybe a column?) in MB.

Probably the easiest way is using highlighting feature (Preferences> Tags(2)> highlighting).
- Create a playlist of all tracks synced to your phone.
- Create a highlighting rule of "<playlist> <is> <the name of your playlist>"
- Add "highlighting" column to the main panel.
Then all tracks synced to your phone will have a highlight bar in the column.

And I want what is on my phone to show up on the left panel "device music" option when I click on it.
Though I have been able to test sync successfully thus far, I cannot see how to tell what is on my device. And when I select the device's left panel music option, nothing is displayed.

Every device works different. If the device's music node shows nothing, what about storage folder? If you can't find it, post a screenshot of your device section with all nodes uncollapsed.

how to post a screenshot: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3998.0