Author Topic: Cleaned up on one PC, how to transfer to others  (Read 3162 times)

Yorg

I have a whole lot of music on a NAS box accessed wirelessly by musicbee on several laptops.
Lots of tags and artwork needed fixing, and I spent hours and hours on one laptop fixing it.
But of course all those fixes aren't on the files themselves but in the library.
Everything is as messed up as originally when I look at the other laptop.
How do I copy all those changes across to the other laptops?
I'm happy to tell the 'clean' laptop to make the fixes permanent on the original files, if that's an option. That would probably be best.
Or I'd be happy to start a new library on the other laptops if necessary if the changes can be copied across.

?

redwing

But of course all those fixes aren't on the files themselves but in the library.

Currently you can't keep files intact when you're editing tags with MB. Some changes, depending on the field, must have been made onto the files themselves.

I'm happy to tell the 'clean' laptop to make the fixes permanent on the original files, if that's an option. That would probably be best.

Even then you must copy your library file since some fields are saved in library database only.

Your best shot would be to keep your library files folder on the NAS along with your music files, and to access the same library from every laptop of yours. This way, you don't have to update other laptops' library whenever you're making changes.
So first move the clean library to NAS. Then re-direct MB on your each laptop to the library by launching MB while pressing shift key.