Author Topic: Wiki Layout  (Read 13577 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Good job! Would you check Skinning Elements page? It doesn't seem to be affected by those changes.

It looks okay to me.  Sometimes CSS changes take a few minutes to propagate.

[Added]: I *think* I've got everything now.  All changes have shown up for me, so if anything else crops up try a browser refresh, and then do let me know if that doesn't solve it.
Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:36:39 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Sorry, I don't understand what's going on. So are we gonna see endeavour1934's proposal done on the wiki later? Or is the current theme the finished one?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You'll have to ask him that.  I just set it up to get it ready for him.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

endeavour1934

Yes, I'm working on that, but I had a very busy week :/

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No worries.  I suspected that might be the case.

This way, once you have time to look at it, the various templates and things won't be completely wrong.  You or I can just tweak them to fit the rest of the theme.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

timelezz

Much better with the new Lay-out. The old design was aweful. I even avoided the website for its ugliness.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You know, one nice thing about Wikia is that anyone can change the appearance of it for their own use.  I personally found the old theme easier to read, but I understand that many people feel differently.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

SimonBRT

The new layout does indeed look great, thanks endeavour1934.  But as scampbll says, each to their own and lets not be too critical of the previous look.  Especially considering the vast amount of work that was involved in creating it in the first place, for which we all owe Scampbll!

Pingaware

Especially considering the vast amount of work that was involved in creating it in the first place, for which we all owe Scampbll!

Hear, hear! The wiki is a very useful resource, and some day soon-ish, hopefully, I'll be adding a How-To guide to it (and the forum of course). Thanks again Scampbll!
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just a few small things I noticed. The grey in the right-floating menu is 71,70,70(rgb) while white is 255,255,255(rgb). I suggest to change it from 71,70,70 to 70,70,70. The text color is 58,58,58; I suggest to change it to 61,61,61. The top-gradient for the buttons is also out of color scheme. It should be changed from 97,95,95 to 92,92,92

I'm not going to mess with the minutiae of Wikia's base theme.  If endeavour1934 wants feedback after he's done with his part, that would be the time to give it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

@scampbll:

Could you change just a color for hyperlinks to a light blue? Hard to distinguish them from text.  I've been waiting long for update, but hope that could be an easy fix.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've made a change.  Waiting for the CSS to kick in to see if it improves things.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

endeavour1934

Sorry, I've been out for a while...

I've just updated the CSS, but it still needs work on many places. If anyone can help, please feel free to add any changes.

Steven

• Administrator