Author Topic: Wiki Layout  (Read 13580 times)

redwing

Let's talk about how to enhance the current layout of the wiki page regarding its background image, color scheme, etc.
Maybe some people are satisfied with the current while others may want some changes. Any comments are welcome.

endeavour1934

I have a lot of questions about Wikia, but that will come later.
About the color scheme. Maybe something light and matching colors with the official website/forum?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice!  I especially like what you've done with the word mark and the contrast.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Looking great! Switching to a light theme would be refreshing, as well.

dylstew

I'd love to see the wiki look like the image in the second post.

boroda

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unrelated, but I thought you all might be interested to know that since the Lifehacker article, the wiki is averaging over 2000 hits a day.  Close to 3000 some days.  That's double what it was before the article.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Bigmelwalter

SimonBRT

Unrelated, but I thought you all might be interested to know that since the Lifehacker article, the wiki is averaging over 2000 hits a day.  Close to 3000 some days.  That's double what it was before the article.

i've probably never said it before, but massive thank you scampbll on all the work you have put into the wiki.

boroda

i've probably never said it before, but massive thank you scampbll on all the work you have put into the wiki.
I second

endeavour1934

* This is already done on CSS, but there is a lot that need to be changed.
Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:00:37 PM by endeavour1934

endeavour1934

Another thing I would like to propose is to make a change to the Home page, to make it more user friendly by including links to the main sections of the Wiki.

For example:

- USING MUSICBEE - Basics and understanding how MusicBee works.
 - MENUS & PREFERENCES - What does every option and menu of MusicBee
 - FAQs & HOW TOs
 - CUSTOMIZATION & PLUGINS

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would say go ahead and implement what you can with CSS.  You can message me if you're having problems getting a certain spot to look right.

And, yes, redwing and I were just discussing the possibility of revising the home page to be more like the Online Help Landing Page.  Feel free to run with it.   Just bear in mind that most users probably google the page they want directly, or access the wiki via MB, which takes them to the Online Help Landing Page.  But if the main page gets a facelift, it might be worthwhile to switch the target page that MB uses.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've started this process by adjusting the base theme.  Now I'm trying to clean up theme elements in CSS to fit a light theme rather than dark.  If you notice a particular area that looks like it hasn't been updated, let me know.

I'm currently working on tables, TM boxes, and the twitter feed, so you don't need to tell me about those.  Done!  The Twitter Widget on the main page hasn't updated for me yet, but it looks right on Online Help Landing Page, so I trust it'll get there soon.
Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:39:03 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Good job! Would you check Skinning Elements page? Many parts of the page don't seem to be affected by those changes.