Author Topic: Two quick requests  (Read 4082 times)

north3rn.thund3r

1) Auto-complete suggestions on Publisher tag (or any other tags that don't currently have it)

2) Auto-DJ: prefer higher rated songs options
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it got ignored. Basically, there should be some kind of way to adjust the percentages at which the Auto-DJ prefers higher rated songs (when the option is selected). I feel like the preference towards higher rated songs is a little high so it would be nice to be able to tone it down.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not ignoring your requests! you can see from the wishlist its impossibly large to do everything and some things will just take time before i can consider looking at them

north3rn.thund3r

O no, I wasn't angry. I made the comment in a topic and it kinda got bombarded by other not-so-related posts. I'm just throwing these ideas out there. I realize it's relatively a one-man job.

Steven

• Administrator
2) Auto-DJ: prefer higher rated songs options
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think it got ignored. Basically, there should be some kind of way to adjust the percentages at which the Auto-DJ prefers higher rated songs (when the option is selected). I feel like the preference towards higher rated songs is a little high so it would be nice to be able to tone it down.
looking at the code, it is actually setting the higher rating preference with a much stronger bias than what i had intended. I havent implemented any adjustability which i would like to avoid if i can, so could you try this version - on average it would choose around the top 25% mark (before it would have averaged around the top 10%)
http://www.mediafire.com/?y2jnzy412oz

just unzip and overwrite musicbee.exe
Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 10:47:44 PM by Steven

north3rn.thund3r

This is much better! Hearing some of your favorite songs too often can make them... less favorable. I realize more adjustable settings may cause trouble. I figured something along the lines of the slider you have for the other auto-DJ setting for Different <-> Same Artist would do. Personally I don't use that, but I noticed it was quite granular and could possibly do the same for the higher rating auto-DJ.

Anything on the Publisher tag auto-fill?

Steven

• Administrator
1) Auto-complete suggestions on Publisher tag (or any other tags that don't currently have it)
this is included in the next release on the forum