Author Topic: Have to manually add new music to the library  (Read 4817 times)

BenRad

New MusicBee user here. I'm a long time MediaMonkey user so I'm used to my fair share of "auto-scan" foibles, however I'm having a weird issue with MB. Our systems are encrypted at work, and I use an external drive to transport my music. The drive itself is not encrypted, and I have read-only access to the files when they're plugged into my work laptop. Anyway, the first import into MB was fine, but any subsequent scan for files yields nothing. If I drag and drop any new files into MB, they show up and play fine. Any way to get the scanning to work properly?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I suspect the Read Only setting is the problem.  MusicBee doesn't handle read-only files very well.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're welcome!  If that doesn't resolve it, let us know.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
i am struggling to think of any reason why a read-only file would make any difference to whether it sucessfully scans unless any of the following apply:
- one of theTags(2) preferences is set to automatically update files with missing artwork or lyrics, or to automatically calculate the replay gain value for new files.
- if you have set your library to be auto-organised, or the library auto-sweep option is enabled

Can you describe how you have configured the auto-scan feature eg. continuous monitoring, auto-sweep settings, folders monitored. Does the external drive show up as a device or as a fixed drive in the Computer node in the left panel and can you navigate to the new files from there.
Also are you sure you havent configured for the new scanned files to be sent to the Inbox rather than the library
Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:54:37 PM by Steven

BenRad

OK, I'm embarrassed, they were going into the inbox. Sorry, I'm new to the inbox concept.

Thanks again.