Author Topic: Missing Tags Help  (Read 22366 times)

dmtml

Thanks guys for getting to the bottom of this.   I'll keep watching here for an update!!

redwing

So this is what's going on technically.

There IS a file that enables GraceNote service. I found in my AppData folder of original portable MB installation a file named GraceNoteUserId.dat
No idea how this file was created, but it seems this file gets no longer created for new installations for whatever reason.
Anyway if I copy this file to my new installations, it starts retrieving data from GraceNote. So now I can enable the service for multiple installations on my PC.

Then the question is: why is the file no longer created? If nothing is faulty with the new MB patches, then GraceNote may no longer assign a new user id as Steven suggested.

dmtml

Is this a file I can create? or download and put in the correct folder to make it work??

redwing

Is this a file I can create? or download and put in the correct folder to make it work??

Not sure but probably won't work that way. Let's see what Steven will hear from GraceNote.

Steven

• Administrator
i havent heard anything back from them so its possible things will remain as is ie. only the early adopters will be able to use this functionality and it wont work for newer users
@redwing, that file is an identifier that is user/machine specific that is generated by gracenote and cached by MB.
Gracenote is rejecting any new users for musicbee at the moment so the id is not being created.

redwing

So the id would be useless to other user/machines. Too bad they no longer offer the service to new users. It's understandable, but must be for a very small number of people from the start as I doubt a great number of MB users started using the service during that short period of time. Thanks for the clarification, though!

dmtml

Hmmm.....again, thank you guys for all the quick and informative responses, it is much appreciated! 

If that's the case, is there any way for us, when auto-tagging by album, to show results that are not a 100% match from MusicBrainz??

redwing

You will get more search results if you enter album name too.

dmtml

You will get more search results if you enter album name too.

I definitely get better results with the album name, but that's what I've been trying to avoid the whole time!!  Some songs have no album, and I sometimes will download compilations, like a "Top 50 songs of 2005" or whatever it is, and they usually put that as the album name.  I want everything to show up as it would on the real album.

redwing

dmtml

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I MB isn't getting the results you want, you might try tagging with Picard.   It's not perfect, but one of the features is that you can set a preference for albums over compilations.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Any updates on gracenote yet??

Follow this thread:

i have made contact with gracenote and they have indicated the license needed renewal which i have just done. They also indicated they will increase the quota so we will see how that goes.
Hopefully it will be back online soon.