Author Topic: How to use the sub-grouping header  (Read 127573 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

And I'd also love to know where I can actually learn how to use the script language so I can figure these things out myself in the future.

Have you happened across the MusicBee Functions page?

Edit: 5 minutes after I posted this, I figured out a solution for me.
I'm using
Code
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Disc#>,Null,"• Disc "<Disc#>)" "$IsNull(<Original Album>,," ~ "<Original Album>),)

right now and I just define the <Original Album> as whatever the CD is called and the normal album is defined as the name of the compilation.

I'm sure there's a more elegant solution tho.

Good job working it out. Looks good other than you don't need the "Null" in your first $IsNull() function.

voodoopunk

Hi All,

Maybe a daft question, but I haven't seen anything about this, is there a way to have similar style disc names in the tracks view?

Thanks

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi All,

Maybe a daft question, but I haven't seen anything about this, is there a way to have similar style disc names in the tracks view?

Thanks

The "Group By" option might be able to do this?

voodoopunk

Hi All,

Thanks

Hi All,

Thanks

Got it, you're correct  adding the relevant code after my already existing grouping tag did the trick.

voodoopunk

Despite not being able to figure out how to use quotes correctly. I've found that the rule I've used from further up in this topic allows the use of grouping certain tracks from a single disc too, as per the following https://www.discogs.com/Violent-Arrest-Life-Inside-The-Western-Bloc/release/7029904

The Incredible Boom Boom

Despite not being able to figure out how to use quotes correctly. I've found that the rule I've used from further up in this topic allows the use of grouping certain tracks from a single disc too, as per the following https://www.discogs.com/Violent-Arrest-Life-Inside-The-Western-Bloc/release/7029904

Quotes? What do you mean?

hiccup

Quotes? What do you mean?

I am guessing he means inserting other member's texts as quotes in a new post. (and not how to use the "quote" symbol)
This can indeed be a challenge when trying to quote several parts from other member's postings.

jonap

not related question
in the very first post of this thread, in most of the pictures, there are colored boxes to the left of the tracks
what are those? are they just customazible colors to tag the tracks?

phred

• Global Moderator
in the very first post of this thread, in most of the pictures, there are colored boxes to the left of the tracks
what are those? are they just customazible colors to tag the tracks?
They're the result of highlighting rules.
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > highlighting > define rules

And since that screenshot was posted, there's been a change which now allows up to three rules to be displayed.

Check the Wiki for details.
Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:12:42 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jonap

wow, you really can do everything with MusicBee
I love this program

Intothisworld

Hey guys. I've augmented @Bee-liever's original virtual tag like so:
Code
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"➢ Disc "<Disc#>,"➢ Disc "<Disc#>"  ||  "<Set Subtitle>),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,<Set Subtitle>))
And it works really well. I'm loving the extra control. But I'm wondering, how might I further adjust this formula to make it so the "Disc #" doesn't repeat for each new subtitle that occurs within the same disc?

In other words, so it's only the "set subtitle" by itself that appears in those 2nd & 3rd sub-groupings. Thank you. : )

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hey guys. I've augmented @Bee-liever's original virtual tag like so:
Code
$If(<Disc Count>>1,$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,"➢ Disc "<Disc#>,"➢ Disc "<Disc#>"  ||  "<Set Subtitle>),$IsNull(<Set Subtitle>,,<Set Subtitle>))
And it works really well. I'm loving the extra control. But I'm wondering, how might I further adjust this formula to make it so the "Disc #" doesn't repeat for each new subtitle that occurs within the same disc?

Pseudo-code: if <Track #> is not 1, then <Set Subtitle>, else <Disc#> <Set Subtitle>

LittleAfterAll

I often use Picard for my tags and I noticed it sets the album subtitle as a custom tag <DISCSUBTITLE>. Is there any way I can get this to pull from that?

You could add this script to Picard so that it will write 'setsubtitle' instead of 'discsubtitle':

$set(setsubtitle,$if2(%setsubtitle%,%discsubtitle%))
I've set this script in Picard and it creates setsubtitles values. What I am curious is how to show that in MusicBee? At this moment, "Nah und fern" shows as album title on all four discs of that release.

It's this release I am talking about: https://musicbrainz.org/release/2e3d37e9-2b2d-457e-a8a7-14fd01c334c1 (in FLAC format)

Thank you in advance.

hiccup

I've set this script in Picard and it creates setsubtitles values. What I am curious is how to show that in MusicBee?
Unfortunately that tag is currently not available in MusicBee by default.

You could support this wish to have that changed.

For now you will need to setup a custom tag for that purpose, which is not difficult to do:
Navigate to Edit preferences > Tags (1) and do this:

After that Set subtitle will be available like the other tags.

LittleAfterAll

Thank you for fast reply. :)

Interesting, but I can't choose "Release info" from "save to music file as tag" drop-down menu: