Author Topic: Native VST plugin support  (Read 12050 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@DonGateley, if there is no panel for the VST plugin configuration in the Plugin preferences that means the VST plugin (mb_VST.dll) has not been placed in the MusicBee\Plugins folder.
Once you see the entry in the Plugin preferences tab, and the correct path set for the source VST plugins (and restart MB is it needs to be changed) then they should appear in the Equaliser and DSP window as any DSP plugin does

I have updated the VST plugin so any VST configuration editor now stays open when songs change and should hopefully be stable with some of the VST plugins that were a bit flacky before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fxp4xjrz4yur7aj/mb_VST.zip

DonGateley

Installation error.  I forgot that I had originally installed the program to a non-standard place.  Sorry.

I now get vst host in the Preferences->Plugins panel and I pointed it at my VST plugins directory ok but I cannot remember nor can I find how to access the the plugins themselves.  The host is enabled.  There is nothing about VST in Control->DSP Effects.  Help appreciated.

Steven

• Administrator
sorry don, i fogot to include bass_vst.dll
http://www.mediafire.com/download/soj85cck887a3hq/bass_vst.zip

unzip and place in the musicbee application folder

DonGateley

Thanks, Steven.  I did that along with copying the mb_VST.dll to \Plugins and the patch files to the main install directory and after start up I see the entry for selecting the VST directory in Edit->Preferences->Plugins.  I made certain it points at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins which is what I use.

Where I am failing is trying to figure out how to then select, enable and configure a VST plugin.  There is no Controls->VST and there isn't anything in Controls->DSP Effects that pertains to VST.  If you can tell me how I should be doing that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
@ DonGateley

I managed to get one working.  :o

After all the install and set-up bits, click the equalizer button on the player.  The VST plugins should now be in the list of DSP plugins at the bottom.
Tick the one you want to use and double-click that entry.
VST should now open in new window.

Good luck  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

DonGateley

@Bee-liever:  Thanks.  Tried that but still only see the four "Native" plugins in the list.

vpsaxman

Incredible!  I don't think this is a place to be or an app to use.  The attitude is a bit much.

Steven is developing and supporting MB on its own, in his spare time, for free. I think he has every right to remove a not-so-popular feature that would potentially cause him hours of bug fixing until it's ready.