Author Topic: Track Information Tab  (Read 12120 times)

chorpo

Hi,

Here are few suggestions for Track Information tab:
- 1) when you switch from track info to profile or vice versa and you are on one of these tabs, it is "restarted" to Artwork tab. I think that it should open track info or profile tab, not artwork tab...
- 2) can you add showing artwork on track information tab which should act like in artwork tab (its height and width would be according to size of that tab); this option would be in "configure track info" below line 7 text as a check box "Show artwork" or similar
- 3) how about checkbox with "Show tag names"  option below "Show artwork" option in "configure track info", according to this check box would/wouldnt show tag names on the left of showed tags e.g.:
unchecked: "Sambuca"
checked: "Title: Sambuca"
- 4) how about adding checkbox "Show extended info" which will show extended info like bitrate, track duration and so on which is shown now but it will show this additional stuff only if user wants...
- 5) how about adding an button to flip first and second line so artist can be on first line and title would be on the second???
or is it necessary to have these two tags readonly???

thanx

peter
Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:22:01 PM by chorpo

Steven

• Administrator
i'll make the arist and title configurable - it was just easier read-only because they both have special functionality associated
i'll also add in the ability to set a prompt that you can enter for each tag you display
optional display of artwork in same tab should be fine as well

chorpo

i'll make the arist and title configurable - it was just easier read-only because they both have special functionality associated
i'll also add in the ability to set a prompt that you can enter for each tag you display
optional display of artwork in same tab should be fine as well

perfect.

I'm excited to test it...  ;)

chorpo

After releasing new beta release of MB 0.3 I can tell that configuration of this tab is briliant. One complaint: When you select "show profile tab" for other tab and save this setting, tags are readonly which is correct. But when you come back to configuration of layout, tags are configurable even "show profile tab" is selected  ;)
see this screenshot:

Another bug I found is that I can't deselect displayed tabs (artwork, lyrics, other).
I have one suggestion for this. How about splitting other tab to profile and track information tab so people can have these two tabs shown???
I made a picture to imagine what I ment:

or possibly with this description which I think would better :-)

If you select option to show track information tab, Track information panel options (tags) would be configurable, else readonly :-)

what do you think???
Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:37:04 AM by chorpo

chorpo

I have in my mind also one more thing. How about making an option to change font style and size for every tag??? font style would be for example normal, bold, italic, underline. this two options would be select boxes on the right of displayed fields for every line in the configuration window.

What do you think of this and previous suggestions???