Author Topic: REQ: Soundcloud player  (Read 9709 times)

between6and7

Since Souncloud presented their new designs for their site and song posts in webs, I would have loved to see this in Music Bee:

So, with PP365, I made the previews of how could they be included in the range of our theatre modes.

The second one would be perfect for a compact player. It should always be squared. I had seen an option for lyrics or for biography, but a playlist would be also welcome. Below the play button there is a previous/next track "vision" of button. Oh, don't forget the orange header bar and the MB logo on the right. I think I put the black layer 70% transparent. That "thing" below should be the wave bar.
However, there is a problem. I don't know if anyone could set the black block shadows of the original Souncloud. That is because if they are missing, in white or complex pictures letters are difficult to read. You can see the example in the two versions of Maroon 5's "Maps".
I leave here the previews of the design. Does anyone want this on MB? Anyone volunteer for making the layouts?

:)

redwing

dgbx

Nice concept redwing, thanks for the preliminary work you're putting into this idea.  It would be a nice addition to the theater mode selections.  I can only wish I had the knowledge to help with this.

redwing

Thanks for the kind words, dgbx! It's not that hard to write TM views. Anybody can learn it by playing around with simple TM views. Above all, it's a real fun!

between6and7

Here's what I've done so far.

Looks very nice. Thanks. A more lively orange would be better for the wavebar, in my opinion. But, do you think the spectrum visualiser below is necessary?
Are you also working on the TM full screen view? (I thought that one would be easier)
And the previous/following track buttons didn't really look like that. I didn't remember how they were, so I put |> instead of >| (my fault)...

redwing

This is updated version.

I also requested several new features to Steven (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13405.0), but don't know they would be implemented. Yes, I'm working on the full version as well, but I'd like to combine them if that's supported.  Do you mind showing the button to me?

between6and7

If you still don't like it you can do as the other theatre modes. :)
Don't you have the Interstate font family? It's the one that SoundCloud uses
Now the wave bar works great. Would it be possible to delete the spetrum on the .xml file?

redwing

Thanks, I'll change the buttons. TM views (xml files) are easily editable. I'll just go with Segoe UI, and you can replace that font with Interstate and remove any unwanted elements. I would say in two weeks four versions will be released: full, square, and the same two embedded versions for playing track panel and compact player.