Author Topic: Export & Import settings  (Read 18456 times)

fireheart2008

It lacks the option to Export & Import settings

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can do this using the Backup feature (under File menu).  To get a complete backup of a regular (not portable) installation, include the Library folder, the AppData folder, and the Program Files folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

azfrankie

This is what I was looking for too. The backup creates a MusicBeeSettings.ini file. However, the initial installation does not have it. What do I do with MusicBeeSettings.ini?

redwing

This is what I was looking for too. The backup creates a MusicBeeSettings.ini file. However, the initial installation does not have it. What do I do with MusicBeeSettings.ini?

If there's no settings file, MB creates a new default one. If you want to use your old settings file, just overwrite it while MB is closed down.

azfrankie

Thanks, but I'm not sure if I understand correctly. As I said, there IS NO "MusicBeeSettings.ini" in the directory of the installation. That's why I was wondering.

redwing

You can locate the settings file using main menu: Help> Support> View Settings file.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That will open the file, but it won't actually tell you where it is.

This page may help: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

phred

• Global Moderator
That will open the file, but it won't actually tell you where it is.
I think that's editor (viewer) dependent.  Using Notepad++, the full path to MusicBee Settings.ini is shown in the title bar when invoked from the Help\Support menu.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

With most Windows text editors, you can get the path of currently opened file via File> Save as.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think that's editor (viewer) dependent.  Using Notepad++, the full path to MusicBee Settings.ini is shown in the title bar when invoked from the Help\Support menu.

Huh.  I have Notepad++ as my default text file viewer, but MB still opens the settings file in generic Notepad.  Wonder what I need to adjust.  But that's a little off-topic.  Hopefully we've given enough info to answer azfrankie's question.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Zak

• Global Moderator

Huh.  I have Notepad++ as my default text file viewer, but MB still opens the settings file in generic Notepad.  Wonder what I need to adjust.  But that's a little off-topic.  Hopefully we've given enough info to answer azfrankie's question.
You might have .txt files associated with Notepad++ but .ini files still associated with vanilla Notepad.
Bee excellent to each other...

Roadrunner

You might have .txt files associated with Notepad++ but .ini files still associated with vanilla Notepad.
Be aware, that you had to change the "edit" association. With Windows Explorer, right click on "Open with" changes only the "open" association...
Sorry, correction: I just tried that, but even this way, MusicBee starts the standard Notepad...
Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 01:21:43 AM by Roadrunner

lamrongol

You can do this using the Backup feature (under File menu).  To get a complete backup of a regular (not portable) installation, include the Library folder, the AppData folder, and the Program Files folder.
Now(2022/11/23), Backup menu doesn't exist([Library]-[Backup Library...] menu exists), Can this feature still be used?

phred

• Global Moderator
Now(2022/11/23), Backup menu doesn't exist([Library]-[Backup Library...] menu exists), Can this feature still be used?
This most certainly exists. And can (should) be used.
Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 01:11:34 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

lamrongol

I execute [Library]-[Backup Library...] menu and get xml files and so on.
However, how can I restore settings and so on?