Author Topic: Zune HD Support  (Read 4280 times)

Warrior_Elite

Hello,

With Microsoft no longer supporting Zune devices, I would like to be able to sync with MusicBee! There are ways to still use the Zune software with Compatibility changes. However, with Windows 8.1, Microsoft will not allow the Zune software to be installed. That means I have no means to sync music to my Zune HD, which is a shame, since it's still the best music player out there.

Anyway, I would like to see support for Zune devices. We would appreciate that.

Thanks.

Alumni

There are ways to still use the Zune software with Compatibility changes. However, with Windows 8.1, Microsoft will not allow the Zune software to be installed.

Wow, Microsoft never ceases to amaze me... so you're saying it's impossible to sync the Zune without the software?

Warrior_Elite

There are ways to still use the Zune software with Compatibility changes. However, with Windows 8.1, Microsoft will not allow the Zune software to be installed.

Wow, Microsoft never ceases to amaze me... so you're saying it's impossible to sync the Zune without the software?

That's correct. Just like Apple devices require iTunes to sync. However, there are third party apps that can almost accomplish what iTunes does (at least, syncing-wise).

The problem now is that starting with Win 8.1, the Zune installer package will not install the software, so, I haven't been able to sync anything to my Zune for some time now.

I'm seriously hoping that MusicBee could sync to it. Please, MusicBee, you're my last hope.

Steven

• Administrator
try ticking "detect MTP devices" in the device preferences panel.
If that doesnt work i wont be able to help any further - the last i knew, Zune encrypts the synchronisation so i wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt work

Warrior_Elite

try ticking "detect MTP devices" in the device preferences panel.
If that doesnt work i wont be able to help any further - the last i knew, Zune encrypts the synchronisation so i wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt work

Hi Steven,

I did tick this. I remember reading a suggestion on another post. And, yes, it detects my Zune. That's a good thing. Even though Zune uses MTPZ instead. However, I get a "Access is denied" when I try to send files to my Zune. If you want to see exactly what I get, I'll post a picture when I get home. Maybe it's encryption, maybe it's a specific directory these files should go to. I don't know....  :(
Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:54:43 PM by Warrior_Elite