Author Topic: ColourBee skins: Light and Dark versions  (Read 9142 times)

jpe123bee

Hello, here is my set of skins for Musicbee called ColourBee. These skins were inspired by the skins available in musicmatch jukebox, which I used to use, which had fairly plain borders but with coloured content areas:

Both versions are available in separate zips on the wiki. ColourBee Light is in the light section and colourBee Dark is in the dark section:

Download links

ColourBeeLight:
Wiki
Direct download
ColourBeeeDark:
Wiki
Direct download

I hope you enjoy using these skins, if you notice anything awry with any of the skins (features I don't use may not be coloured the same as other parts), please let me know so that I can correct and update them. I will try to maintain these skins so that they continue working with future versions of Musicbee because I use them myself.

ColourBee comes in two varieties, a version with light borders (Light) and a version with dark borders (Dark). There are multiple colour choices in each variant.

ColourBee Light:
These skins are modified from Asylum White by Rotem K.

Colour options:

Views of the main screen:

Other window elements:

Compact player

Mini Player

Popup player

Splash screens:

ColourBeeDark:
These skins are modified from charcoal by dannyboiii

Colour options:

Views of the main screen:

Other window elements:

Compact Player

Mini Player

Popup Player

Splash screens:

In each zip, there are two versions: the original version uses block colour for content lists whilst the alternating colours version uses alternating colours in content lists. Use whichever version you prefer or rename the folders and use both.

Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:56:41 PM by jpe123bee

lnminente

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing. It seems you put some work here but maybe because of the Christmas season it got a bit forgotten.
People coming from musicmatch jukebox can be very interested so thanks and welcome to the forum jpe123bee

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Nice bit of work there jpe123bee.
Captures the musicmatch jukebox style really well.

Must apologise as well though  :-[
Totally missed the original post   :o
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jpe123bee

redwing

Thanks for sharing your work!

BTW the installation guide you wrote, in which your files are organized, is not supported by MB. I'd suggest all of the files be directly placed in "ColourBee" folder with no sub-folder structure in it with a new file naming convention to differentiate light/dark and alternating/non-alternating skins. It took me some time to re-organize them.

UFr

Sorry, none of these would not be my choice of skin, as they are too reminiscent colourwise of those
irritating  dumb coloured tiles on the start screen  of Windows 8.

The skin I have preferred since  moving to MB from MediaMonkey last year has been Thorbjorn's
Mellow Blue one.  However, I am curious as to why so many MB users seem to prefer dark and or
brightly coloured skins.