Author Topic: Bookmark Library Filter  (Read 3045 times)

zord_majka

Hey,

would it be possible to bookmark a filter I run in Music Library?

To make it more clear - let's say I make a filter which would filter all albums released in 2010 and I would name it "2010 Albums". Now what I'd like MusicBee to do is that under the 'Music Library' item (located on the top of the left menu) a new item would be located - my filter "2010 Albums". Pretty much how it works when you make a bookmark in Web section.

Here's a picture how it might look http://dl.dropbox.com/u/199321/MusicBee/musicbee-filter.png

Cheers!

zord_majka

One more thing - it would be cool if there was a way how to see files added in some certain time period. For example filter files which have been added to the library in last 3 weeks or so. It would be for the best if the time period would be customizable.

Thanks!

Steven

• Administrator
there is already an auto-playlist for recently added files (you could also achieve most of what you gain with book-marked filters by defining auto-playlists with the filter you want, but i accept it is more limited that a library filter).
Also check out the Tag manager (tools/ tagging tools/ tag manager) which has some recent file filters as well

zord_majka

I've tried both your suggestions. Auto-playlist is kind of half-way solution, though. On the other hand, recently added files through Tag Manager is almost precisely what I was looking for. Only two small things to make it perfect. Firstly, make it accessible more easily and secondly add these top three columns with genre-artist-album as you can have them in main window. But still it's really usable for me this way as well.

I still think it would be powerful to have an option to bookmark filters in Music Library as I explained in my first post, though.

Thanks!