Author Topic: How does MB search within Google for artwork?  (Read 5015 times)

l.dc

I am curious to know how the artwork search works.

<< artist - title
Rihanna Feat. Britney Spears - S&M (Dark Intensity Remix) >>

Although I really like the better quality results in the updates for artwork search, songs like the above mentioned don't give good results compared to a manual search.

The MOST BASIC requirement I have for an artwork is for it to be *square* and the *medium* image size. So by those settings in Google Images the first image that shows is better than the result that shows within MB.

Analien

I'd like more options of this seetting. I want high qality covers and usually I get only 500x500 covers, and I want higher qiality.

l.dc

Gracenote and fanart.com on the MusicBee update give pretty high res images.

Analien

Yes, but with the kind of music I listen to there often is no covers on gracenote and fanart.

l.dc

So we need another tool within MB that is dedicated to album artwork - much like the 'album tagging tool.'

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So we need another tool within MB that is dedicated to album artwork - much like the 'album tagging tool.'

I have this configured as a hotkey button with Send To > External Tool: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download/Album-Art-Downloader,0301-25910.html

It's a little flaky, likes to crash from time to time, but gets great results.  You can copy directly from the results in that program back into MusicBee, or configure it to save files with your desired name and location.  So it's basically a turbo charged version of MB's artwork search for me.  I can find >1000x1000 the vast majority of the time (often 1200 or 1400 from iTunes).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

l.dc

I have this configured as a hotkey button with Send To > External Tool: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download/Album-Art-Downloader,0301-25910.html

It's a little flaky, likes to crash from time to time, but gets great results.  You can copy directly from the results in that program back into MusicBee, or configure it to save files with your desired name and location.  So it's basically a turbo charged version of MB's artwork search for me.  I can find >1000x1000 the vast majority of the time (often 1200 or 1400 from iTunes).
I had bookmarked this because that time I felt the instructions were too complex. But now I finally tried and I think it's AWESOME. Well, takes a lot of logic to figure out your way if you're a newbie, but it works perfectly.

For those confused, I used the /artist "<Artist>" /album "<Album>" parameter in the PREFERENCES>TOOLS  section to make sure the song details are sent to the right sections of AAD.

What's the interface procedure in AAD? How do I copy or know WHEN to right click and copy with the image is downloading?
Thanks again ScampBll :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What's the interface procedure in AAD? How do I copy or know WHEN to right click and copy with the image is downloading?
Thanks again ScampBll :)

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I agree with your parameters.

In AAD, I have cover types "Front" and "Unknown", sorted and grouped by size.  I have it set to download full size images "only when size is unknown", which means I sometimes have to wait for it to load when I want to take a closer look.  Then I just right click and copy the one that I want, and paste it in MB.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)