Author Topic: Scan for new music without readding deleted songs  (Read 2749 times)

ShadowsDemise

I just started using MusicBee a few weeks ago and I'm loving it so far but I was wondering how I can update my library (so that it will find new songs that I added to my music folder) without it readding songs that I have already removed from the library? I don't want to permanently delete any of my music so I've just been choosing to remove it from the library but that's useless if it's just going to be added again when it scans for new music.

Here is a screenshot of my library settings if that will help at all:

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to not rescan the folder that music is in.  So you would need a separate folder for adding new music, which could then be moved into your library using the Send To > Folder command or Auto-Organize.
Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 05:09:33 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
MusicBee will always rescan deleted tracks and I can't imagine that's going to change any time soon.

Better would be to create a custom tag (e.g. "Hide from library") and then create a filter to display only tracks that don't have a value in that tag.
Bee excellent to each other...

ShadowsDemise

Better would be to create a custom tag (e.g. "Hide from library") and then create a filter to display only tracks that don't have a value in that tag.

I did this and it works but it's a pain because every time you want to hide a song you have to apply the tag and then refresh the filter. Is there any way to make MusicBee pass the song through the filter when the song's tags are updated so it will hide the song when I update the "Hide" tag?

Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:00:20 PM by ShadowsDemise