Author Topic: DJ Interface  (Read 2923 times)

Alexis

I am NOT a DJ, but I have had a number of people install MusicBee and I have been hearing of a number of DJ's that use the program for organizing, but use something else for electronic DJ'ing.

I was wondering...  after looking at the simple interface below,  how difficult/feasible it would be to have a small Dj control area in MB.   
Personally, if I use it it would be casual for my own entertainment, but just thought I would throw the idea out there to see what thoughts are out there.  Of course a DJ interface would be something one had to choose to enable.

I pondered the idea after someone showed me this layout, without knowing anything about what happens in the background:

Actually, decided not to post the image and just post a link to the site, just in case someone is bothered by it, so here it is:

http://until.am/

They are not lazy... just more efficient.

Steven

• Administrator
The only thing I would be prepared to do is to enhance the API to support a DJ plugin if someone has programming skills and wants this function.

Alexis

That is cool and maybe someone will,  but I would not even know how to get to the 'D'. 

Alexis

FWIW, I thought I should post what my initial thought was with regards to a DJ interface on MB.  It may not be feasible/practical, but this is what I thought: