Author Topic: Skin-adaptive toolbar button coloring option  (Read 21896 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Setting an alpha on the new colour would only change the overall colour but wouldnt make any difference otherwise

so even with the alpha I wouldn't be able to achieve a semi-transparent look like this?

bugger  :(
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
thats different to what was done with redwing's request but is easy enough to do by making use of the alpha setting for the colour override

SimonBRT

this is a really great little addition btw.  small details like this really add up.

Steven

• Administrator
so even with the alpha I wouldn't be able to achieve a semi-transparent look like this?
thats done for the next v2.3 update

Bee-liever

Thanks Steven, but it's sorta, not quite, working the the right way

Its applying the alpha from <element id="Panel.CommandIconOverride" fg="180,147,81,148" />to the entire icon area, not just the visible parts of the icon.

IMHO, for such a minor tweak, lets revert to the previous "no alpha" version, and not worry about it.

Thanks again for taking the time to have a go at it  :)

redwing

Even without alpha value, some skins display icon background in a different way from the majority. Also some bitmap skins have a problem with this setting. A few examples:

Steven

• Administrator
you need to make sure the RGB components are the same colour as the panel header

Bee-liever

Even without alpha value, some skins display icon background in a different way from the majority. Also some bitmap skins have a problem with this setting. A few examples:

don't know about the others, but the slightly darker area around the icon in Metro Touch is deliberate. It's set by bg2 in:
<element id="Panel.CommandButtonOverride" bg="Ground" bg2="Ground-3" fg="TextGround" />

you need to make sure the RGB components are the same colour as the panel header

Oh OK, will give that a go.

Steven

• Administrator
Oh OK, will give that a go.
i have made the algorithm more sophisticated and probably is now what you were expecting. You can tint using any colour now - as long as there is an alpha component it will use this approach and when there is no alpha component it uses the way redwing requested

Steven

• Administrator
these are the result of some unfortunate fg choices for the header control element where the colours are similar/same as that panel background.
The skin developer can easily correct that or use the new element if they want

Bee-liever

this has the amended colouring algorithm

WOW! Thank you very much. Working perfectly  :)

Now, I just need to create some time to modify my skins  ;)

redwing

these are the result of some unfortunate fg choices for the header control element where the colours are similar/same as that panel background.
The skin developer can easily correct that or use the new element if they want

Not a big deal. Users can always disable the setting.

Bee-liever

this has the amended colouring algorithm:

Just another big thank you for implementing this.  :)
Really like the way it gives an "antique" look to my coloured icons when using Bee78
Bellissimo!!