Author Topic: Tag Inspector for multiple files?  (Read 9856 times)

zord_majka

Hey again,

would it be possible to enable Tag Inspector for multiple files? My problem is that I have some albums left with wrong tags from applications I used to use before (tags like volume, lyrics, ...). So it would be nice to delete these tags from multiple files.

Thanks!

S-Man

I wanted to post exactly the same request. It would make cleaning up tags per album a lot easier as not all possible tags are covered by the tag editor.

Maleko12

It's on the Musicbee 2.1 topic... but it hasn't been updated. I know Steven has said that this would be a major undertaking. But +1 on this (frankly long overdue) request.

S-Man

It's on the Musicbee 2.1 topic... but it hasn't been updated. I know Steven has said that this would be a major undertaking. But +1 on this (frankly long overdue) request.
Great. Where is this topic? I tried search but couldn't find a topic related to version 2.1

Zak

• Global Moderator
If you just want to clean up unused tags, instead of using the editor you can try Tools > Tagging Tools > Remove Tags.
Not sure if it will show every tag, but it should have more than the Editor shows.
Bee excellent to each other...

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
I always assumed there was a reason this wasn't possible.
+1 from me
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

Steven

• Administrator
This is done now for the next 2.1 update. It also now allows editing of the lyricist tag in the Lyrics tab when editing multiple files.

Maleko12

Woohoo!!!!! This is great! Thanks so much for this feature :)

Steven

• Administrator
although i have tested it and there shouldnt be any issues, make sure you start with a small number of files you have backed up

Maleko12

Just something I've noticed: For MP3 files, if the tag is a TXXX, you can't delete the value while inspecting multiple files.

Steven

• Administrator
trying now its working fine for me so can you reconfirm and if you think its still not working give a set of steps and maybe a before and after screenshot

Maleko12

1. Go to an album > right click > edit:

2. Click on Tag Inspector:

3. Select one of the TXXX files:

4. Press the minus button:

5. Click save:

6. Click on Tag Inspector:

Even if I close out of MB and head back to the file, it still doesn't work. Also, I noticed it doesn't seem to work on anything that has a / in the Tag Code (so TXXX/Release type, USLT/eng, etc.). At least for me anyway.

Steven

• Administrator
its not handling the mixed case on the TXXX/ name - thats fixed for the next update