Author Topic: Mod'ernaire  (Read 20737 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
This is really just a full-screen, scalable version of redwing's old "Home Alone" that I originally modified for my personal use.
With his generous permission I have decided to share it on the forum.

Mod'ernaire

controls show with mouse-over of bottom RH of screen

Updates

February 11, 2017:
  • now using Segou UI Symbol font - no longer need to install any additional resources;
  • background of artists pics (on TV) now uses album cover colours;
  • 'hung' artwork on wall to place album cover on - click on near bottom RH corner for large artwork;
  • removed volume adjustment icons and reverted to inbuilt player bar - easier to use.

some of the changes to the original 'Home Alone':
  • resolution of base image increased
  • subtle coloured spectrum visualiser overlaid TV images
  • minor change to background when artist images don't fill entire area
  • change to soundgraph (wavebar) colours
  • new layout for upcoming tracks
  • small album art with album tracks view
  • repeat and shuffle items added
  • free font included in download for new icons

Background image credit:http://www.ewallpapers.eu/w_show/philips-home-theater-1680-1050-5671.jpg

Download from Theater Mode section of MusicBee Add-ons here

I use it with my "Faded" skin. Love the throw from old to new  :)
Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:12:02 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

timelezz

Bee-liever

Font installation instructions, in several languages, available here

ropeadope

I don't think you have gotten enough credit for this beautiful theme. Very nice! :)

alv117

Just installed this and I am enjoying it very much,well done!

Big Mons

I FIGURED IT OUT!
This post can be ignored I suppose....  ::) I feel like a total dumbass. I just now changed MusicBee from a portable install to a full install. Then I fired up Mod'ernaire to see if it would work. I just happened to randomly discover that the controls are "hidden" in the bottom right corner of the screen. Those controls allow me to display the other items on the screen. I don't know if it wasn't working properly in the portable version, or if I just never moved the mouse over the controls in the bottom right. Probably the latter.  :-[
----------------ORIGINAL POST-------------------------------------
I'm fairly new to MusicBee; I've only installed one other theater view before this one. With this one, I don't get any controls or the track list or anything. I only see the background with the artist pics on the TV and I guess the "soundgraph/wavebar". I installed the font by double clicking the ttf file and then clicking on "install". The font shows up correctly in Notepad.

EDIT: I installed the files as such (I'm using the portable version):
C:\Users\NAME\Desktop\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\Mod'ernaire.xml
C:\Users\NAME\Desktop\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List\SharedArtwork\Home_Theater_1680 x 1050.jpg

Also, a separate question. Inside the artwork folder is a text file with the following instructions:
By default, a .jpg file with the same name as the settings XML file will be loaded, but you can override this behavior by applying this to the settings file:
<settings backgroundImage="xxx.jpg" />
which will cause the plugin to load xxx.jpg in this folder as the background image
Where is this "settings file"? I don't care for the pic of the table with a flower sitting on it. I'd like to use the image in Mod'ernaire as the default.

EDIT: Sorry, one last edit. I changed the "Default Landscape.jpg" to "Default Landscape.jpg.bak" and then made a copy of the Mod'ernaire pic and named it "Default Landscape.jpg" and that seems to fix that last issue unless that will cause some issue that I'm not aware of.
Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:32:04 AM by Big Mons

Bee-liever

I FIGURED IT OUT!

Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner, but I'm glad to see you worked it out.  :)

weare

Bee-liever

updated to version 1.2

details and link in first post

WannaBee

Hi Bee-liever

Thank you, for all your beautiful creations across the site.

I am experiencing a problem after installing my first ever TheatreMode [TM] view, in this case, Mod'ernairre, and I hope you can assist me to sort it out. My first guess is that I have installed Mod'ernairre incorrectly at the very beginning- probably due to not properly comprehending the Wiki-install guide.

This is how I installed the Theatre Mode, and the sequence of events:

1.] I created two sub-folders in MusicBee > Skins

2.] Inside the Skins folder, I created two sub-folders called:

2.1] TheaterMode.Embeded "sic"
2.2] TheaterMode.List

3.] After downloading it, I extracted Mod'ernairre to the latter folder.

4.] I access Mod'ernairre via the MusicBee Menu > View > Skins > TheatreMode.List > Mod'ernairre

5.] Upon clicking on Mod'ernairre, a MusicBee restart is initiated, but fails due to an "exception" error, that reads:

The type initializer for '#=qaeYoNAAo4O6oP6qr1XdlCIsqBo3iBfcd2QI5nR3P9bA=' threw an exception.

6.] Renaming the two TheatreMode sub-folders [2.1, 2.2] gets MusicBee started again.

7.] My PC is equipped with Windows 7x64, and the MusicBee version is v3.1.6477.

Noteworthy: I have tried two other TM Views now, with the same results, hence my guess that I most probably have an install error at hand, but how do I correct it?

Thank you.

Bee-liever

Hi WannaBee  :)
When you unpack the the downloaded zip, you will have a TheaterMode.List folder.
Just copy that entire folder to your existing MusicBee\Plugins folder.
Then, from any skin, you can select
View> Theater Mode> Mod'ernaire
to use it.

WannaBee

Hi WannaBee  :)
When you unpack the the downloaded zip, you will have a TheaterMode.List folder.
Just copy that entire folder to your existing MusicBee\Plugins folder.
Then, from any skin, you can select
View> Theater Mode> Mod'ernaire
to use it.

Thank you, Bee-liever. The Plugins-folder is where I started- before trying the wrong folder where I ran into the errors. I have now corrected the TM-install directory as per instruction, but still the TM-option is absent from the View menu. Is there anything else I should perhaps have a look at?

Bee-liever

Is there anything else I should perhaps have a look at?
Is the theater mode plugin enabled in Preferences> Plugins?

WannaBee

Bee-liever, foolish, foolish me.  :-[

Thank you!

...and Mod'ernaire looks smashing!