So, I very dumbly used an external tagger to rename/reorganize my music (I had inconsistent file name patterns that annoyed me and made it hard to match multiple tracks while tagging), not thinking about MusicBee not recognizing the songs anymore. This was awhile ago and I hadn't wanted to deal with it. But since about half my music is now declared "missing", I've finally decided to sort it out so I can listen to music. I spent a couple hours yesterday mindlessly going one-one-by one, locating each file. Fortunately, most were simply renamed and not moved, so the correct folder opened, and I could just select the track. But it's quite daunting to do each one, so I Googled and found this thread.
I patched my MusicBee and used the new Locate missing files function, and it worked great! THANK YOU! There doesn't seem to be any adverse effects for me; nearly all my playlists are auto anyway, and none of the tags had been modified, only file names and, in some cases, locations, so that probably made it easier.
It appears that the play/skip counts and date added remained the same for me. I don't know if that mentioned update was implemented already, or what, but I'm glad.
Edit: after running it several more times (I'm going through by genre), there are some tracks that, for whatever reason, aren't being matched/located. I've no idea why, since the majority of these so far were in the same folder as before the file renames, and the Locate screen opens that folder and I can select the correct track. I don't mind this so much, though, since probably 95% or more are correctly located, so there's a heck of a lot less for me to do manually. Still, it's curious.