Author Topic: New icon/logo  (Read 31645 times)

V4lve

Hi.  I wondered about this but I don't have any Photoshop voodoo (or patience for that matter ) and I quite like the icon as it is to bee honest.  Nice and simple.

V4lve

I really like these! I just wish that the logo included something that gives attention to the "music" element of the name.

Yeah. I tried to turn his wings into headphones but it didnt really work (and began to remind be of the s*ngbird icon) so I gave up add a little shake behind him instead.

chorpo

I really like these! I just wish that the logo included something that gives attention to the "music" element of the name.

Yeah. I tried to turn his wings into headphones but it didnt really work (and began to remind be of the s*ngbird icon) so I gave up add a little shake behind him instead.

I like this one very much. Its clean and simple. It was just a suggestion to make it even better but current icon is great!!

MusicBeeFan

I was thinking of adding a face to my plain icon to give it a bit more personality, but this alternative is really, really great. It has a lot of personality. I vote for your icon to replace the current one, if it's ok for the developers, of course.

Maleko12

Yeah, this is better. The music reference is subtle but definitely noticeable. Great personality I think. I'm really enjoying the developments of the logo design and new skins!

oliverh72

Here's another one, clearly riffed off of V4vle's. (ripped? :) )

I tried to get the MB into the bee a little. It's a quick and dirty draft. I'm sure others could take the idea and polish it some. Thoughts?

Oliver

Steven

• Administrator

I tried to get the MB into the bee a little. It's a quick and dirty draft. I'm sure others could take the idea and polish it some. Thoughts?

Oliver
this is my personal favourite so far - the only thing is i wonder how well it scales down to a 16x16 icon, which is where v4lve's one is probably (as a guess) going to be better, but i like the subtle gradient effect and placement of the sound waves of yours

oliverh72

Yup, I totally agree with that as well. On that thought, I went back and tweaked V4lve's a bit. Obviously he/she would have to clean it up a bit as I'm just messing around with the image with no original files to play with. I think it's awesome - great job, V4lve.

Changes I made...

- gave the bee a stripe.
- made the second wing more prominent.
- added another 'wave' behind him to make the music reference more apparent.

I've kept it super-simple as I think that is the major strength - and I believe it's the best direction.

The font I've used is a free font called 'Creampuff'. FYI.

Oliver

ceoux

Yup, I totally agree with that as well. On that thought, I went back and tweaked V4lve's a bit. Obviously he/she would have to clean it up a bit as I'm just messing around with the image with no original files to play with. I think it's awesome - great job, V4lve.

Changes I made...

- gave the bee a stripe.
- made the second wing more prominent.
- added another 'wave' behind him to make the music reference more apparent.

I've kept it super-simple as I think that is the major strength - and I believe it's the best direction.

The font I've used is a free font called 'Creampuff'. FYI.

Oliver

<3 Love it.

Minor note: I'm not sure if the second wave should be more rounded, would that feel too much like an RSS logo?

And I'm not sure if the font really adds to it. Fonts should be discussed later so we can get closure on the logo itself first.

Maleko12

I think the name should be located somewhere inside the bee, for the sake of space. I made up this very rough idea using V4lve/Oliver's icon and Oliver's word logo to come up with this...

Obviously it'll have to be cleaned up if this is a good idea.

V4lve

Oliver
this is my personal favourite so far - the only thing is i wonder how well it scales down to a 16x16 icon, which is where v4lve's one is probably (as a guess) going to be better, but i like the subtle gradient effect and placement of the sound waves of yours

Quite like this one, although not sure about including words (too small and cluttered).  Made a word-less icon version for you to see how it scales.

http://db.tt/uEQrDk
Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:57:31 AM by V4lve

V4lve

I think the name should be located somewhere inside the bee, for the sake of space. I made up this very rough idea using V4lve/Oliver's icon and Oliver's word logo to come up with this...

Obviously it'll have to be cleaned up if this is a good idea.

Nice idea.  I played with this too but decided against including words.  Too hard to read at small scale and makes the icon fussy.  I am not sure many icons include the app name anyway.

V4lve