Author Topic: Option to copy/move files when converting.  (Read 2826 times)

Analien

I would like an option in the fileconverter to copy/move non-media files and folders. This is good for when doing backup of albums or when converting to phones, etc ...

Also, when moving non-media files in the send-to-dialog or copy-to-dialog, sometimes folders and files are not copied/moved.

Analien

"This is good for when doing backup of albums or when converting to phones, etc ..."
As I said. When I do backups of albums I do it this way:

1. Convert album and it automatically sends the converted files to a new folder. With formatting of the folder- and filenames.
2. Send original files to USB flashdrive. With formatting of the folder- and filenames.

In step 2, I get the option to move remaining non-media files and this is good because then you don't have to do this manually every time.
It would be nice to have the same option and, or a "Copy all non-media files" within the conversion-dialog, because one (as I do) might want to have covers, text-files, videos and what not in both places (e.g. the new place and the backup).

And this: "Also, when moving non-media files in the send-to-dialog or copy-to-dialog, sometimes folders and files are not copied/moved."

This could be worked on too. As said, sometimes files and folders -mostly folders with files present- are not moved, so one has to do it manually. It takes alot of time to open the album in explorer to check and move/copy it manually if MB didn't do it's job.
Also, if MB could delete the old folder, when Send-To is used, it would be preferable. It does, but only sometimes.

Analien

Anyone?
Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:42:41 AM by Analien

Analien