Author Topic: Renaming Files from Tags  (Read 5450 times)

Invictus

I would LOVE to see a better (easier) file renaming procedure. QMP has probably the best way to rename single Files and Batches of files, but I would love to do all these edits in MusicBee.
Thanks guys!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you provide more info on how you would like it to work?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Dzomlija

I do not know how user "Invictus" would like a batch renaming function to work, but here are my thoughts of how I would like such a function to operate:

1) It needs to be similar to the "Tools, Tagging Tools, Renumber Tracks" function.
2) The same "file renaming template" provided by the "Rename" command when editing tags must be available.
3) A warning, perhaps within the displayed "original filename / new filename" list, must be provided if duplicate filenames within the same folder are generated, or if filenames (including extension) longer than the maximum supported by the disk OS File System.
4)

That's about it, really.

As far as the renaming templates go, you can modify them as follows:
1) When "<Artist>" is used, and the track has more than one artist listed, the generated output currently does this "Artist 1,Artist 2,Artist 3". The output should rather be padded with spaces to become "Artist 1, Artist 2, Artist 3"
2) Perhaps add a new renaming field so that instead of using all artists like <Artist> currently does, only the first specified track artist is used.

And while not explicitly connected to this topic, I'd also like to see ALL available MusicBee commands and functions be hot-key assignable. For example, the "Tools, Tagging Tools, Renumber Tracks" command can currently not be assigned a hot-key, along with many other commands. And along with hotkeys, perhaps a customizable global toolbar that appears under the main window title bar.
I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

Steven

• Administrator

Dzomlija

DOH! :-[

Forgive the newbie!

I've been using MusicBee for only about 4 days, after eventually deciding to abandon WMP after having used it for nearly 20 years since the time of Windows 95!
I will let you down. I will make you hurt.

redwing

I still don't get why File Organizer should be hidden under Tools menu. That's what most new users would be looking for.

Another way to access File Organizer is using main menu, and I think the menu should be located under File instead of Tools. Maybe File menu could have Library sub-menu that includes some related menu options.