Author Topic: Main panel album column with year information (sortable by year)  (Read 3729 times)

zord_majka

Hey,

when I use main panel with column setup (from left to right) Genre - Artist - Album I miss there an option to sort Albums by year. I was digging here at the forum and in configuration of the application, but without any positive outcome. I guess (for me) year information shown next to the album name could do the trick as well (ie album name is "The Album" and it was released in 2010, so it would be for example displayed as "The Album [2010]").

Hope you understand what i mean.

Cheers.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using the Album and Tracks layout (or Track Detail layout), just hold the Ctrl key down when you click the column headings to sort - this allows you to sort by any combination of fields you require.
If you are using the Artwork layout, check out the Layout preferences where you can choose the fields that display under the artwork and also specify the sort fields, so you can include year there

zord_majka

OK, I've tried what you said and it's not quite what i had in my mind.

Maybe this picture will tell more http://dl.dropbox.com/u/199321/MusicBee/year_sorting.png

Thanks for reply.

Steven

• Administrator

zord_majka

Thanks a lot.

I switched to MusicBee from Winamp and this feature is present in Winamp Library. I found it quite comfortable to see what album of the interpret was first etc.

Cheers.

Steven

• Administrator
i've added an 'Album [Year]' display field which you can select in the 3rd track browser pane