Author Topic: Mark items as "OK"  (Read 4446 times)

OLLI_S

Hello,

it would be useful if I can mark items (selected song, selected album, selected artist) als "OK".
This is ment if I have verified them and want to mark them as "OK".

Items that are "OK" show a green checkmark in front of the name.

If I mark a song as "OK", show the checkmark in front of the song.
If all songs of an album are marked "OK", show a checkmark in front of the album.
But I also can select an album and mark this as "OK" (so all songs in the album are marked as "OK").

Same for artist (I can manualy mark an artist as OK, if all albums of the artist are marked as "OK" the artist gets automatically marked as "OK").

This would make it easy to manage my music database (see what items are checked).
Yes, I have seen the existing "Tagging Tools".

Greeitngs

OLLI

greenday1987

• Long live OiNK!
Not a bad idea actually. Be nice if the checkmarks or whatever weren't permanently visible though, rather you can pull them up with a hotkey or from the context menu or something. I feel they may be fugly on the UI if there all the time but would be handy while on a library cleaning mission.
RIP OiNK

I've recently joined last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/drjswho
Feel free to add me if you wish :)

EAC V1.0 beta 3 can be downloaded here
And a full guide on setting it up and ripping a CD can be here

KissCool

Create a custom tag (eg. "Checked")
Set an Highlighting rule (Checked is not null ) and choose an icon or a color
Display the "Highlighting" column in the main panel
Then right click on a track / album, choose "edit" and set a random value to your custom tag (eg. "1")

Not perfect since your artist and album don't gonna have the check mark. But this way, you can check mark all your tracks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The ability to have custom tags that are toggles/checkmarks has been requested in the past.  This would seem to be ideal for that...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Anti

Three things to say about this:

1)
Instead of marking 99.9% of your tracks as 'OK', why not use the 'bomb' no-stars rating to just mark the 0.1% of the tracks that need replaced or edited?
· You can toggle the bomb right in the main pane or now playing list by clicking just to the left of the star-rating graphic.
· You don't need an extra column if you already have the rating column enabled. Nor a custom field.
· You can use a hot key (ctrl alt 0 for marking the bomb, and ctrl alt - to clear it).
· You can create an auto-playlist or library filter to list the tracks with the bomb rating, so you can methodically fix them.

You can optionally use the 'ban' marker to prevent these tracks from playing until you fix them.
You display the love column, and then shift-click in it to ban a track. Or you can use the player 'love' button. Or a hotkey.

2)
There is a tick-mark column already that you can display as a column. You can toggle the ticks right inside the main pane (although not in the now playing list, because it uses the same column space as the skipped tracks markers). It pairs with a right-click menu option to 'select ticked files' and 'invert ticked files'.

You have to be careful not to click on the column header, because it will clear your ticks.
Also, you can't bulk-tick. Only one track at a time.

3)
Type the word 'ok' into the 'Grouping' field of a few tracks. Then create a virtual tag with the formula:

$If($Contains(<Grouping>,ok)="T",[ASCII Tick],)

Search google for a 'ascii tick' and copy/paste the symbol into the formula in place of where it says [ASCII Tick].
When you display the virtual field column, it will contain a tick next to the tracks which have 'ok' in the grouping field.

OLLI_S

Hello,

I have MusicBee in the following layout:
- left is the tree
- top there are two lists "Artists" and "Album" (I removed the 3rd list)
- below that are the tracks
- on the right there is "now playing"

The "bomb" and the "ticks" are only visible in the lower list of tracks, but not in the lists "Artist" and also not in "Album".
And I think "custom tags" are also not possible to be displayed.

I really would love the "tick" suggestion (number 2) but I need to display the tick also for Artists and Albums.
Is there a way to do this?

Greetings

OLLI

Anti

I think you are describing this:

You have set the category filters 'artist' and 'album' in the Library Explorer on the left.
In the middle pane you have the 'artwork' view above, and the 'album and tracks' or 'track detail' view displayed below.

So you are selecting an artist in the library explorer, then clicking on an album in the top pane, and seeing the tracks listed below.

To get the 'tick' column in the lower pane:
Right click on the header-bar below the artwork pane -> other fields -> select the tick symbol at the top of the list
On the left hand side, a tick column will appear, and you can click in the column to toggle the tick marks.

Again, I suggest that you don't try to tick thousands of tracks - only mark the few tracks which need replaced/fixed/edited.

You cannot display columns in the library explorer (in the left pane).

> I really would love the "tick" suggestion (number 2) but I need to display the tick also for Artists and Albums.
> Is there a way to do this?

No.

OLLI_S

Hello,

I have a view, that can be compared to this official screen shot: http://getmusicbee.com/img/slides/SS-%20Blue.jpg
I just have at the top two panes (I removed "Genre" and now I see "Artist" and "Album".
The rest is originally the same like in the screen shot.
Was my description in my last posting really so bad?

In the lower pane I have managed already to see the "Tick" column, this is no problem.
So I need the tick (or something comparable) at the top panes "Artist" and "Album".

> Again, I suggest that you don't try to tick thousands of tracks - only mark the few tracks which need replaced/fixed/edited.

The problem is that my music library needs a complete work over.
Here many tags are missing or are not set corect.
I really have to check this album by album....

And this is the reason why I need a "OK" (or "Tick") not only at the bottom panel, I need this also at the top panels.

Greetings

OLLI

Anti

> Was my description in my last posting really so bad?

No. It's just difficult to describe a musicbee set-up in words.
I see now that you're using the column browser, rather than the library explorer.

The answer is still no, unfortunately. The column browser does not support columns.

I know it seems to you like it is showing 'folders' and you can imagine a tickbox next to the artist name. But really it is displaying the result of database queries. It would probably take a complete re-write of the column browser code in order to make it do what you want, and in its normal usage it wouldn't even really make sense for the column browser to have this kind feature.

What about having an 'admin' playlist?
You put your entire library into a playlist called 'unchecked'.
Every time you want to work on your library, click this playlist.
It can have its own view and sorting, separate from your normal view.
As you check tracks/albums, you remove them from the playlist, and in this way you can see exactly what you haven't checked.
Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:13:52 PM by Anti

lnminente

I think the Inbox folder is intended for that, for having there the songs which still need to be processed. When a song is processed then you can move it to the library.

Anyway when i processed all my library i preferred to do it in the safest way possible as it would not be very nice having a bug or a corruption of settings and losing all the work, so i just use different paths or folders. The songs of the library are located in d:\Music but when i have songs which need to be processed then i browse in the computer node to the folder d:\downloads\mp3. You can choose seeing only filtered folders for unbloating that node.

OLLI_S

Hello,

The answer is still no, unfortunately. The column browser does not support columns.

This is why I suggested the "Mark items as OK" features.
I did not find a way to perform this, so I suggested it.
Thank you for all your "work-arounds" but they don't work as I expected.

What about having an 'admin' playlist?
You put your entire library into a playlist called 'unchecked'.
Every time you want to work on your library, click this playlist.
It can have its own view and sorting, separate from your normal view.
As you check tracks/albums, you remove them from the playlist, and in this way you can see exactly what you haven't checked.

Sorry for this silly question: how do I remove a song from the playlist?
How do I remove an album from the playlist?

I think the Inbox folder is intended for that, for having there the songs which still need to be processed. When a song is processed then you can move it to the library.

Thank you for this idea, this is really what I need.
All songs in the "inbox" are not in my media library, so I see what I have checked so far.

But my suggestion should be considered anyways.

Greetings

OLLI
Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 07:46:05 PM by OLLI_S