Author Topic: Mark as having lyrics counting on external lyrics files. (Music industry war)  (Read 9009 times)

lnminente

"Music industry lobbyist declares war on lyrics sites, Rap Genius"
http://www.dailydot.com/technology/nmpa-lobbyist-lyrics-sites-rap-genius/

So as a user of Minilyrics i have a lot of files with lyrics stored as txt or lrc having the same name than the music file. I made a playlist with the songs marked as no having lyrics for searching them, could be possible MB marking these files as having lyrics for doing this job easier?

boroda

Try 'Additional Tagging Tools' plugin, 'Copy tag' command and copy '<+>' pseudo-tag to 'Lyrics?' tag to mark tracks as having lyrics.

lnminente

Thanks and sorry for my very bad explanation Boroda74. I don't know which files has .lrc or .txt lyrics and searching for them manually in all my library is a very big effort. What i need is way to automatically find files without embedded lyric, no .txt and no .lrc so i could search the lyric for them

boroda

Its my English is poor :)

If you try to display 'Lyrics?' tag in main panel and sort by this tag you could see tracks without lyrics. Of course this doesn't help if you have external lyrics files which are not linked to music files.

vivadavid

Hi, I'd also be interested in being able to do this. I don't have embedded lyrics, but just LRC and TXT files with the same name as the tracks, and it'd be great to find a way to quickly know which songs need lyrics.

vivadavid

I've been having a look at the issue and I found it's possible to use the Highlight tool with "Lyrics?" set to "has no value", but I don't know what to do with LRC and TXT files. As I never embed the lyrics, the Highlight tool is not useful to me they way I set it.

Any ideas anybody?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
MB will display the lyrics from the .txt or .lrc files if they are in the same folder and there is match between the file name and the track name BUT the link is not saved to the library database until you save the information.

Locate a track that has an attached lyrics file that displays when played but "Lyrics?" doesn't recognise.
Open the tag editor, click anywhere in the lyrics and hit "Save"
If doing multiple tracks, check then un-check any item (I usually use the "disc:" box) and "Save"

MB will update the database and "Lyrics?" will work correctly with embedded and external files
Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:32:45 PM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

lnminente

Thanks Beeliever, they are in the same folder, did a test and it marks the file as having lyrics. A good thing is it is correctly stored in the database and the mp3 file modified date is not changed, but the modified date of the .lrc is changed instead. I hope it doesn't changes the encoding format as it could break special characters in Minilyrics.

I hope Steven can improve the re-escanning library command for taking consideration of the external files without rewriting them

====
I can confirm MB changed the encoding format of a .lrc file from "UCS-2 little endian" to "Ansi asUTF-8" and broke german characters in the song 36grad from 2raumwohnung

Edit: http://www.viewlyrics.com/ is down so Minilyrics can't download lyrics right now from here
Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:05:51 AM by lnminente

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I hope it doesn't changes the encoding format as it could break special characters in Minilyrics.

I never even thought of that lnminente!
Thank you. That clears up a problem I was having with some french lyrics.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

lnminente

;) Try Notepad++ for changing it. I fixed some original lyrics from minilyrics changing its encoding format

vivadavid

Bee-liever, I've tried it with a particular song and it works: the Highlight tool now indicates there's an LRC file linked to it. However, it doesn't work with multiples files: I don't know if I understood the instructions in this case.

I have two questions:

1. Could we just select all the tracks of our library and do what you suggested?
2. What is it that MB does? Does it create a copy of all our LRC files? I don't know know what you mean by the database.

As for the format of LRC files, I thought Unicode was used. If it's not the case, that worries me. Steven, are you planning to change this?

lnminente

Highlight tool is just a feature which dependes on the field "Lyrics?"

For your first question, maybe if you set a common tag for all of them, maybe composer or comment could work. But you would be assuming a high risk of breaking tags and/or lyrics as commented above. Doing it or not, backup always your full library.

The field "Lyrics?" i understand is well reasoned stored in the Musicbee internal database, as the lyrics we are talking about are stored externally, not embedded in the file. The database also stores the number of playcounts, date added, etc

Steven

• Administrator
I can confirm MB changed the encoding format of a .lrc file from "UCS-2 little endian" to "Ansi asUTF-8" and broke german characters in the song 36grad from 2raumwohnung

Edit: http://www.viewlyrics.com/ is down so Minilyrics can't download lyrics right now from here
while it is true MB writes lyrics using UTF8, that encoding scheme should support all characters so i can only guess that the correct encoding scheme was not detected when reading the file. If you have others can you send me a link so i can see whats going on

lnminente

Yep, this file from the same album for example, is in UCS2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o93ecv2pqi314it/04.+Der+Sommer+Der+Jetzt+Nicht+War.lrc

Have to say Mnilyrics fail showing correct characters sometimes independently of MB, having to manually change the encoding of the lyric file
Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:59:19 PM by lnminente

Steven

• Administrator
I tried with that file and had no problems at all with it. MB has handling for the encoding detection which it correctly detects as unicode and loads the file.
When saving it does save as UTF-8 but doesnt corrupt any of the characters