Author Topic: Automatically import Playcount and timestamp from Last.FM  (Read 2414 times)

Tose1976

Is there a way to automatically import the Playcount and more important, the timestamp of the last play for all of the songs from Last.FM? Maybe at Program Startup or somewhere else.

SandaruLJ

You can import play count on startup by enabling this option: Preferences > Plugins > last.fm > synchronise Play Count

I don't know anything about the timestamp though.

Tose1976

I have tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe i have done it wrong. I scrobbled a song my phone, after that, i could see this song in Last.FM in my statistics. After that, i installed MusicBee, imported the songs (including the one i scrobbled) to a new library. I have logged in with MB to Last.FM with same account as on my phone and restarted MB. But the Playcount and Timestamp does not count up. Also, when i manually try it via menu\tools\tagging tools, i doesn't update the meta data in my library. I don't know why.

Tose1976

One additional question: If i play a title in MB, when will it be scrobbled? The app on the phone can be st to 50% of title as the smallest setting. There seems to be no such setting in MB on the Desktop. Im not sure, but it could be the case, that this is hardcoded to 50% of a song.

Suppose it is 50% and I drag the slider of the playing title with the mouse over the 50% mark, will the title be scrobbled at this moment? I only ask because most of my tracks are DJ mixes with relatively long playing time from 1h to 3h.

SandaruLJ

Well, I did some testing. I played a song with my last.fm profile opened on the web browser.

First, I played the song fully while constantly refreshing the last.fm page. It showed the song as "Scrobbling Now" until the end (well past the 50% mark) and after it was fully played, the track was listed as scrobbled.
Then, I played the song again but this time I dragged the slider immediately closer to the end. It wasn't scrobbled. That means the slider has nothing to do with measuring the scrobbling point.
And after that, I played the track uninterrupted till it went slightly over the 50% mark, and immediately changed over to the next track. It was scrobbled!

So my conclusion 8) is that MB's scrobble point is 50%. After a track has been played, whether fully or not, it compares the amount of time it was actually played with the full time duration of the track to calculate the played percentage. If it's ≥ the scrobble point, the track will be scrobbled. I could be wrong...   ;D

Tose1976

Many thx for your tests. This helps me a lot to understand how it works.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So my conclusion 8) is that MB's scrobble point is 50%.

This is correct, it follows last.fm's policy.

My scrobbles show up in the History in MusicBee, with timestamp, so that shouldn't be a problem. The issue I have sometimes is that last.fm will standardise the scrobbled track so that it doesn't match MusicBee anymore. Steven says artist, title, and album all have to match for it to import.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)