Author Topic: Resize artwork when synchronizing  (Read 4641 times)

DustyTill

Hi. I checked "resize artwork to" and "embed artwork in the music file" in the device settings, but it doesn't work, the size of the artwork is still as big as the original. Is this normal ? Thanks for your help.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What version are you using?  I know Steven fixed that when I observed it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure that was before 2.1 was released anyway, but what number does it say if you go to Help > About?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

DustyTill

DustyTill

Ok, it works, but it's way too long to synchronize, but I guess it's normal.

Edit: I tried to synchronize without resize covers, but it's the same speed. It was much faster with the previous release. I don't know how to explain this.
Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:26:35 PM by DustyTill

redwing

I think you're right since now MB rewrites entire files when the change is greater than 4K as Steven explained in the following thread. But it has enormous benefits especially for syncing to a device, requiring much smaller space:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9716.0

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, it works, but it's way too long to synchronize, but I guess it's normal.

Edit: I tried to synchronize without resize covers, but it's the same speed. It was much faster with the previous release. I don't know how to explain this.

If you're resizing the album covers, MusicBee has to reencode the file, which is probably part of it.  If you have the option to sync as USB instead of MTP, I suggest doing so.  USB is much faster.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

juanitopower07

IM sorry to ask the question but i have a question, by mistake i checked the box that resizes the artwork, but i dont want that... how can i resync and make sure the artwork gets transferred as it is? can in be updated on a sync or do i have to delete and restart?