Author Topic: Seeking through tracks with WASAPI?  (Read 1746 times)

MichaelMiele

So for Christmas I recieved a nice pair of headphones (Sennheiser HD598) and a DAC/AMP (FiiO E10K). I love MusicBee and wanted to get the most out of this new equipment so I switched MusicBee to use WASAPI output. Everything sounds great.

However now I'm experiencing an odd issue. When I try to seek around in a track once it's started playing, the audio turns into a really loud whitenoise/static. If I close MusicBee and reopen a new track everything plays fine again until I try to seek. The issue does not occur when DirectSound is selected with the same hardware configuration.

To troubleshoot I've tried this on two different computers with the same result.

Is it an issue with MusicBee or something that's inherit to WASAPI regardless of the player? Is this expected behavior?

Alumni

Might be worth trying the latest beta of MusicBee v3.0 - it has an adjustable audio buffer slider that could potentially solve the issue.
You could also experiment with ASIO instead of WASAPI, assuming your hardware/drivers can support it.

hiccup

Here is a very good overview with tips and tricks, and things to check when having such problems:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1n8y1x/usbdactroubleshootingguide/

One issue with that Fiio that is sometimes mentioned is that the supplied usb cable is said to be of rather bad quality.