Author Topic: Google Play Music Access  (Read 107259 times)

ma_t14

ma_t14

Some initial observations/bugs:

- The menu option "Turn Google Music Access on" should read "Off" when you want to disconnect from google music
- I tried to delete some tracks using the plugin with no success. I proceeded to delete them using Google Music directly but the changes didn't reflect in the plugin even after refreshing. I had to log out and login in again to see the changes.

EnduringGuerila

The Binary link is down.
Music Stats at Last.FM
My MusicBee Skin
My Portable MusicBee Setup (panel layout saved in \MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Layouts)

boroda

- The menu option "Turn Google Music Access on" should read "Off" when you want to disconnect from google music
It is undocumented feature :) Supposed that you disconnect from Google by right-clicking Google 'device' and selecting 'Safely Remove'

- I tried to delete some tracks using the plugin with no success. I proceeded to delete them using Google Music directly but the changes didn't reflect in the plugin even after refreshing. I had to log out and login in again to see the changes.
Deleting tracks from plugin (and manual adding to Google Play eg. by drag-n-drop) can be done if somebody needs this.

Reflecting deletion by refreshing also can be done. Its known issue, but thought nobody encounters this issue.

boroda

The 2-step verification is an option to increase your account security adding another "password" that is or sent to your mobile phone or found in the authenticator google app. You can create an adhoc password for app that doesn't support this function, but in my case it continues to fail to log in and i don't want to remove the "2-step verification". I hope there is a solution.

Here an explanation of the  2-step verification: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744
Yes, it could be a problem. I need to find developer's guide for 2-step verification so it may take some time.

boroda

New version of plugin is released
  • Added support for 2-step Google verification. Of course you need to generate application password.
  • Now F5 refreshes list of online tracks if you changed online library content outside  plugin. Refreshing may take some time though.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/95d8a5re60nydgu/mb_GooglePlayMusic_2013-11-03.zip

john6555

It doesn't appear to work with Google Apps accounts right now. My Google email doesn't end with @gmail.com (or @googlemail.com) but instead with my company address. I am using 2-factor auth and have generated an app-specific password - after trying about 20 times, I keep getting "Login failed" every time.

boroda

@john6555
I would recommend you to create Google account which ends with @gmail.com

Arathon

Ok i have uploaded 500 tracks and i noticed that the artwork isn't uploaded, when i load my google music library every album shows no artwork. Don't know if this is intended or a bug and by the way every album uploaded has artwork showed on musicbbe and explorer.

ma_t14

Ok i have uploaded 500 tracks and i noticed that the artwork isn't uploaded, when i load my google music library every album shows no artwork. Don't know if this is intended or a bug and by the way every album uploaded has artwork showed on musicbbe and explorer.

Is the artwork embedded? I'm not sure google play supports external artworks being uploaded in conjuction to their music files  :-\

boroda

I just don't know how to upload artworks. It seems that Google can handle embedded artworks, not sure though. If this is the case I can easily force embedding artworks.

Arathon

Is the artwork embedded? I'm not sure google play supports external artworks being uploaded in conjuction to their music files  :-\

yeah, all artwork are embedded.At the first try it uploaded the artwork too then i changed the synchronized playlist and i lost the artworks on Google Music.

Now i have another problem, it will fail the synchronization job and the only way to re-sync is to restart musibee (some times i had to restart it multiple times).

boroda

Do you an error messages? Or just "Sync failed"?

Arathon

Do you an error messages? Or just "Sync failed"?

i receive just "sync failed", and i can't resync until i restart musicbee a couple of times.