Author Topic: Google Play Music Access  (Read 107225 times)

boroda

Plugin allows to use Google Play Music library with MusicBee, upload and download tracks and playlists.

VISIT PLUGIN WIKI PAGE FOR FULL DESCRIPTION AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

Provide feedback on this topic

Steven

• Administrator
it is stated in the wiki notes but just to re-state you would need the latest v2.2 patched version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

i will make an updated v2.2 pre-release version in the next day or two

joejoe

Iasc

thanks for this plugin  boroda74, gonna try it out now. much appreciated.

boroda

Arathon

You are a God :D thank you very much!!!! i wanted such an option since the launch of google music. I'll test this and i'll report if i notice any bugs.

boroda

I'll test this and i'll report if i notice any bugs.
For my library about 100 of 15000 tracks cant be uploaded with error 400:Wrong request. Not sure what to do with it and want to know if somebody else experiencing this problem.

SimonBRT

Amazing.  Been looking forward to this for ages.  Testing now.

I have a question though.  The first sync I have run has been going for about 2 hours and it is still on A in the alphabet.  I have a fairly large library but this still seems very slow, is this correct?  Is this re-uploading my entire library to G Play?  nearly all my music is already in G Play, I was expecting that this would simple detect additions/deletions as MB would each time you sync a regular external device?

boroda

No, unfortunately I failed to implement track 'matching'. This is Google technology for detecting already uploaded tracks. MB plugin avoids to re-upload only tracks which were uploaded by plugin. I would recommend to delete all tracks from G Play before uploading tracks with plugin. As for uploading time, it really big in my case - about 10 hours for 15000 tracks. Also notice that Google allows to upload only 20000 tracks.

SimonBRT

OK thanks.  Is there anyway your plugin could in the future detect albums that appear on GPlay but not in MB library?  Even if I then manually deleted them from GPlay this would be a big help.

Thanks once again.

boroda

Not sure if I correctly understood you. Try to enable two-way sync of playlists and download '<All Music>' from G play. Tracks which are already in MB library will be skipped (wont be downloaded).

SimonBRT

My problem is that I have a lot of music in GPlay that I have since deleted from my MB library and its not easy to find which albums this is (since they are no longer in my MB library).

I was hoping to avoid deleting everything from GPlay and starting again!  But looks like that might be the best option...

Arathon

I Isntalled your plugin but unfortunatly whenever I try to login it gives me "Login Failed". I use Google 2-Step Verification to login, maybe this is the problem, I even used the option to give a password for a specific app, but it failed again.

boroda

Didn't understand what is '2-step verification'. Authentication page should be opened in your default browser automatically. You must login in browser and get authentication code. Copy/paste the code to plugin login window, also enter Google e-mail and Google password in login window.

Arathon

The 2-step verification is an option to increase your account security adding another "password" that is or sent to your mobile phone or found in the authenticator google app. You can create an adhoc password for app that doesn't support this function, but in my case it continues to fail to log in and i don't want to remove the "2-step verification". I hope there is a solution.

Here an explanation of the  2-step verification: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/180744