Author Topic: Google Play Music Access  (Read 107971 times)

boroda

Hey guys, does anyone know if this will receive updates to work with the Google Changes?
you should ask gottamit (there is his email in his profile). as i understood there were only minor needs for fixes, but i have no news from gottamit since that time.

GodTamIt

Hey guys,

So a little update on the plugin.  I haven't had much time to work on it since I'm at college and have been busy here.

Everything is currently functioning at the API level. However, I will need to port my version to support .NET Framework 3.5 since MusicBee is compiled for that version (the API currently only supports 4.0+).  For this, I have to rewrite all the async/await functions, which includes the Http networking part of it.  I'm hoping I can get some work done this Thanksgiving and winter break.

Thank you guys for being patient.

Cheers,
Chris

jackthesmack

Thanks man! I just found this app and I hope you can do it. I have a bunch of large playlists that are on Musicbee and manually doing them in Google Play is a huge chore.

boroda

@GodTamIt! mb is written for 4.0 , NOT 3.5! also 4.0 supports async/await operators, but you will need to include System.Threading.Tasks.dll in api package.

GodTamIt

@boroda74 - oh I did not know that!  If it is, that makes things a lot easier!  I believe I'll have to also include Microsoft.Bcl.Async?

If you guys want to see what I have been working on, I have redone the testing UI, so you can actually test out some of the features: https://github.com/GodTamIt/.NET-Google-Music-API/releases/tag/v1.1.0

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GodTamIt/.NET-Google-Music-API/master/Screenshot.png

SimonBRT

Thanks man! I just found this app and I hope you can do it. I have a bunch of large playlists that are on Musicbee and manually doing them in Google Play is a huge chore.

This!!!  :)

Citfield

Glad to have access to the file - thanks!

After entering the email, password and auth. code from Google, I continually get the "Login Failed" message. I have tried running MB as administrator, but still the same.

Any suggestions?

Has this possibly been sorted out, as i am getting the same error?

lettuceman44

GodTamIt, I just want to let you know I really appreciate your efforts! Thanks for working on this.

Citfield

Glad to have access to the file - thanks!

After entering the email, password and auth. code from Google, I continually get the "Login Failed" message. I have tried running MB as administrator, but still the same.

Any suggestions?

Has this possibly been sorted out, as i am getting the same error?

Any news possibly on this?

GodTamIt

Hey guys,

Just giving you guys an update - just to let you know I haven't forgotten about this.  This is still definitely on my list of things to-do, but recently I've been really busy working on a project-based interview for a job (it's cool autodriving/computer vision stuff!)  I see some of you following the repository on GitHub, and that's a great motivating factor for me!

For specifics, everything except uploading/downloading is done with the API.  I already know how the uploading and downloading works with Google Music, it's just a matter of finding the time to implement this.  Thank you guys for being so patient and I hope you guys enjoy the holiday season.

Best,
Chris

boroda

Is there a working download link?
i can give you a download link, but current plugin wont work. wait until GodTamIt releases new google play .net api.

wysocki

Past couple of days I've been getting notifications that there's been a reply to this thread, but it doesn't look that way. What's up with that?

And, while I'm here, what's been happening with this plugin lately? :)