Author Topic: Google Play Music Access  (Read 108424 times)

john6555

@john6555
I would recommend you to create Google account which ends with @gmail.com

Problem is that I already have 7000+ songs with my Google Music account and I'm not going to start over with a separate "Music only" account!
I guess I will have to continue using Google Music in the browser for now, but thanks anyway!

ma_t14

Plugin suddenly has stopped to work at all for me. Every times I try to upload tracks I get 'INVALID_SIGNATURE' server error. If somebody has the same problems please report it.

Same problem

boroda

Something has changed on server side,  but hopefully I can successfully upload tracks with tiny test application. I'll try to resolve this issue.

boroda

New version released.
  • Fixed recent problems with track uploading. Track durations aren't uploaded any more.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1y1io38prmdzto/mb_GooglePlayMusic_2013-11-27.zip

loinbread

For some reason MusicBee is only able to display 500 tracks from Google Play. Am I doing something wrong?

boroda

For me plugin displays all tracks. Try to switch to 'music' node, then to 'google' node again.

froschfinger

Hey there,

I just installed your plugin and ran into the mentioned 401 unauthorized error after playing the first track, plus there are definitely not all my tracks available (~800 instead of ~ 20.000). Is there any way to solve this? Switching to 'music' and back to Google Music in the left sidebar does not help.

Thanks a bunch

froschfinger

boroda

For now you can play only 1 online track.

I'm going to revise plugin in the middle of January as it doesn't work for me again.

froschfinger

So this is more or less normal at the time being ;)? Does that correspond to the problem with only a few songs appearing? I do not need to "synchronise" (since I don't want to upload any songs at the moment) in order to get the full list of titles/songs?

boroda

Does that correspond to the problem with only a few songs appearing? I do not need to "synchronise" (since I don't want to upload any songs at the moment) in order to get the full list of titles/songs?
Uploading, downloading/playing and getting list of tracks are completely independent problems ;)
I'll check/rework all of them this month.

boroda

New plugin version is released
  • Google server compatibility fixes. Previous version of plugin stopped to work for me at all.
  • Fixed downloading/playing online tracks.
  • Fixed that list of online tracks was retrieved only partially.
  • Added option to display warning window when retrieving the list of online tracks is completed.
  • Added option to play sound when retrieving the list of online tracks is completed.
  • Minor improvements and bugfixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/johcnls307oiix2/mb_GooglePlayMusic_2014-01-17.zip

New installation instructions:

Introduction:
Forgive me for sophisticated installation instructions. There is no official Google Play Music API and reverse engineering is very hard.

• If you want to use plugin only for uploading tracks, but not for playing/downloading (using two-sync playlist option in Google device properties) online tracks, just skip to Step 6.
  • If you used Google Music Manager for uploading tracks on PC running MusicBee earlier just skip to Step 6.
  • If you didn't use Google Music Manager for uploading tracks go to Step 1.
Step 1:
Install Music Manager. Download link can be found on Google Play Music web page. Don't upload anything at this moment with Music Manager.

Step 2:
Create empty folder 'google' on desktop. Place one track which was not uploaded earlier to 'google' folder.

Step 3:
Upload 'google' folder with Music Manager. Exit Music Manger.

Step 4:
Delete 'google' folder from desktop. Delete uploaded track from online library with Google Play Music web interface if you want.

Step 5:
Uninstall Music Manger if you want.

Note:
These steps will make Music Manager to register itself as uploader and downloader. Plugin will emulate Music Manager to download/play tracks. All this is needed because I don't know how to register (authorize) plugin as downloader.

Step 6:
Extract content of archive to plugins subfolder of MusicBee installation folder (e.g. to "c:\program files\musicbee\plugins"). Go to "Edit> Preferences> Plugins" to tune up plugin.

Visit plugin wiki page for full plugin description:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Google_Play_Music_Access
Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:42:17 PM by boroda74

ScuddZero

I am unable to get the plugin to work correctly. I have it installed and logged in but it only plays one track before giving me the error 'The file is not a valid audio file and cannot be played' on all tracks.

Also it returns a 403 Forbidden error when trying to sync all music and a 404 Not found error when syncing individual playlists.

I have tried re-installing and am running the latest version of Music Bee and the plugin. Thanks

ScuddZero

It seems that you are using old version. I've reuploaded plugin:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nh1usz811qzy85b/mb_GooglePlayMusic_2014-01-17.zip

I am already using that version (4.2.5130) Ive tried a fresh install of Music Bee and the plugin. Uploading works fine but everything else does not.

Also when I login, it first says login failed but works the second time you click ok. All my music appears and the playlists appear but it still throws up the same errors.

I have sent you a PM with a link to a youtube video showing the problem.
Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:04:16 AM by ScuddZero