Author Topic: on-the-fly conversion | Boolean-type rules  (Read 2366 times)

fohrums

I finally have a car headunit that is FLAC compatible but only if it's "FLAC 16bit/44kHz"

So I think it would be a great idea to add boolean type (or specific drop down options if possible) that can say:

Send to Removable disk > If FLAC > convert if not 16/44 > FLAC 16/44.

Now this is only possible if MusicBee's converter is even able to do this.  ::)

Zak

• Global Moderator
One the one hand, MusicBee just uses the command line FLAC encoder to convert from other formats.

Edit > Preferences > File Converters

You can edit the FLAC command line to include "--bps=16 --sample-rate=44100".

On the other hand, that is the default output format for FLAC files anyway, so I don't know why you would have to. :-\
Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 05:42:51 AM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

fohrums

You can edit the FLAC command line to include "--bps=16 --sample-rate=44100".
I can't seem to get it working. This is on a FLAC 24/96 file:
"-s -8 --bps=16 --sample-rate=44100 -o [outputfile] -"

It will convert; no problem, but the sample-rate stays the same and there would be no info on the bps at all.  ???

On the other hand, that is the default output format for FLAC files anyway, so I don't know why you would have to. :-\
I have mostly FLAC files that are 16/48 mostly due to my default preference for ripping CD's (not that I want to convert them all to 16/44 anyways). I think it is better that MusicBee has profiles that users can customize. So the boolean-type rule can be put to trash as MusicBee is already great with this feature.

fohrums

the problem still persists on many different FLAC files till now. the way I have my parameters should compliment the flac encoder but apparently it's not.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I don't have any files to test with, nor do I seem to be able to make any.
What program are you using to rip your music to 16/48?
Bee excellent to each other...

fohrums

I just used one of my rips as an example when I thought setting it to 4800 was appropriate (this was years ago) but that's not important.

I do have some FLAC files in my library that were off links from SoundCloud links that had sample rate other than 44100hz. If you don't have any to test can you temporary create one from converting mp3 to flac (again temporarily for demonstration) and choose anything besides 16/44 and use MusicBee's converting process to try and force a 16/44 output.
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:52:12 AM by fohrums