Author Topic: A few wishes for TM functionality  (Read 40797 times)

redwing

i did experiment with what you have suggested but i dont think i have enough time to make it work well. Perhaps i will revisit later in the v2.3 release

No problem. Thanks for the implementation of all the new features! This means quite an improvement for TM functionality!

Steven

• Administrator
i made a tweak to the BackgroundAlbumCover to zoom in a bit less - could you confirm you are still happy with it. I think it works better with the tests i did

redwing

I didn't notice much differences, but it's working great. Thanks!

redwing

i made a tweak to the BackgroundAlbumCover to zoom in a bit less - could you confirm you are still happy with it. I think it works better with the tests i did

I did some more tests, and I think it needs to zoom in a little more. It happens with album covers with faces; when eyes and lips are magnified, it looks a little freaky. Maybe zoom in more than x10,000?

Steven

• Administrator
how big is the compact player you are using and how big are your album covers usually?

redwing

Embedded TM in full size, not compact player. Album covers are usually 1000x1000 or bigger for pop collection.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
this should double the zooming in your case - it adjusts for the panel and picture size:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hvx31h4o3buhxz

redwing

Thanks! I'll try with such albums and let you know.

redwing

Still this kind of thing happens: http://i.imgur.com/iVbfmgZ.png
But given the varied size of faces on all kinds of albums, there can't be an ultimate solution for this unless always zooming in an extreme level, which would in turn make the background color dull and unimpressive. I would say this version overall works fine and the chances for seeing such a picture would be very low.

Steven

• Administrator
i've made it zoom a bit more (about 20%) but as you say its not going to work in all cases
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hvx31h4o3buhxz

redwing

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
for the background image, i have created a new element
<element type="BackgroundAlbumCover" brightness="0.2" refreshInterval="20"></element>

its basically the same as what you have done except its more optimised and picks a random location on the album cover. It always sizes to the panel size. Also the refreshInterval (seconds) will choose a new random location

Perhaps i will revisit later in the v2.3 release

If you do revisit this, maybe blending the old too new background at the refresh interval so there is not an abrupt change, could be an option to look at.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

endeavour1934

Is there any way to add transparency to text? and to a image using code?
Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:14:02 PM by endeavour1934